hardware synth soundset

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by abdou, May 8, 2016.

1. abdou

abdou Newbie

hi guys ..im new in this forum..i dont know if this is the right place for this thread ..anyway..i was always confused if we can use a hardware synth soundset, for example korg or yamaha in any Daw ...i have fl studio, i got korg pa 600 soundset which inculde a lot of files that cant be read by any daw ..so is there any tool to open these files in sampler or convert these files to sf2 ? thanx in advance )) sorry for english

3. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

No, but you can use a hardware synth in sync, or in conjunction with, your daw. You could also create your own KONTAKT or SF2 soundset by sampling the patches of your keyboard. Did your PA600 sound sets come with the keyboard on a disk or something? What format or file extension do they have. What is your intent with trying to open these files in your DAW? Do you have the PA600 software editor? Give us some more information, please. :)

4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Hardware Synth soundsets contain only values (i.e. "knob adjustments") for the specific synths.
    In some rare cases you have complete hardware emulations (VSTi, AU instruments) for some hardware which can load the original soundsets from the old jewels. If there is no 1:1 software emulation of the synth you have a soundset for, the sounds are worth nothing, except you actually own the original hardware.

5. abdou

abdou Newbie

what i think you didnt understand is that i dont have a pa600 ... i have only soundsets :p :D well ..i dont have pa600 editor and i downloaded these soundsets ...and why i want to use these soundsets...because i believe that hardware soundsets are pre mixed eq compressed everything ...am i wrong ?i have a lot of sound banks for sylenth1 ,more than 20 expanssion for nexus ,NKI libraries and more vsts ...but you know we cant get enough :p i want to try different sounds ...the file extensions are : sty,pcm,pcg,sbd,prf,pad,kmp,aud :) thanx for reply

6. abdou

abdou Newbie

okkey i got it ...maybe complete hardware emulation like Korg m1 ...and hell no bro i dont have any hardware except my pc keyboard ))) that was clear explanation...thanx for reply ))

7. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

From the file extensions you listed, it seems you have some soundsets that include samples, like "pcm" and "kmp".
    Your best bet might be to download Awave Studio by FMJsoft and see what you can extract, so at least you could re-use some WAV samples in your DAW or in Kontakt. You could even try to open them in Kontakt directly, as Kontakt supports quite a number of hardware sample formats.

8. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Some of the files might contain compressed audio (for different purposes) bundles for proprietary use with Korg. I wouldn't get too excited, but I like your curiosity - it's inspiring. If you must investigate further, I'm sure you'll come out of this at least learning something in the end. The user above mentioned AWAVE, check that program out. That, and the program below, were cracked a decade or more ago, at least, and you might be able to 'find' a version of one of them :

http://www.chickensys.com/products2/translator/formats.html

These types of programs have always been tools to have on hand (just in case you need to f'ing convert something that you never thought that you would need to). i.e. AKAI format disks that slowly lost their relevancy, or you NEED that 1 sample for that live set, but it's embedded into a proprietary format, such as your case, Korg.

** edit - I just checked out Chicken Translator's description since 2000, and man they've really added sooo many formats! This is a VERY good program now!

9. abdou

abdou Newbie

i found both programms on audioz :) guys thank you so much ...i will try these programs now...this is usefull forum .thanx )