Hardware 1176 ALL-IN mode vs. DMGAudio TrackComp 1.02beta vs. others

Discussion in 'Software' started by mild pump milk, Nov 15, 2017.

1. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

DMGAudio recently released TrackComp plugin with digital clean compression and emulations of old classic vintage gear.
    1.01 update included a huge variety of new features, improvements an fixes. But soon 1.02 coming. Still non public beta, but new changes seems to be show how plugin is closer to 1176 since 1.01.
    See the comparison of extreme ratio settings, purple track is a hardware. As well as there are some other popular plugin emulations which are not so close as DMG's new plugin. Video taken from gslutz thread.

Question: does DMG audio still beat all these overhyped pop EDM-mixmastering plugins like fabfilter,ik,izotope,waves by quality and possibilities?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Nope. I personally think that the only one overhyped thing here is dmgaudio stuff. Same reinvented wheel every year.

4. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

What a BS. Seems you even don't understand what are you talking about.

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yep I agree with @mild pump milk , Gamble really nailled it with this one (once again). At heart compassion is this versatile beast that can be any compressor, and with the advantages of this versatility comes the price to pay : it's mighty complicated. Unless you use only presets or the mods, it's almost an obligation to get heavily involved with this one. With track comp you get the advantages of the most popular designs that are offered in compassion with the mods part, but at anyone fingertip, easy, intuitive.
    And i do also really like the 1176 recreation. I don't even have 1.0.2, but 1.0.1 is already very interesting.