Hard trance/Rave

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Backtired, May 18, 2018.

1. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

Sadly, life happens and I've been busy. The few hours when I'm not, I have 0 inspiration and can't make any music/got other issues I have to deal with. Anyway managed to make a little tune, 5 minutes long. Just like my first track ever under this name, goal was to capture hard trance of the 90s. Hope I succeeded ^^

BPM are very high for today standards, 170bpm (there's also a pitched down version). If put to mono you don't lose lots of sound, like it happens with some of my other tracks. Mono compatibility is very important, or so they say because of the clubs and stuff!!, so I tried to keep it that way while also using panning and some stereo effects. Hope there's not much muddiness in the low frequencies (worked a lot on kick+bass, even though they sound super simple they do their job).

For those interested: used mostly Korg M1, Diva and Zebra 2. Effects are almost all stock stuff. DAW is FL Studio. Garbage pc and audio drivers.

Cheers and keep making music you all :mates:

Moontrack (Original) is the original one, at 170bpm. And if you can't stand the high BPM, there's...
    Moontrack (Pitch down), the pitched down version at around 153bpm. Thought it sounded good (minus the "energy" sample lol) so I added it, didn't want the original to feel lonely.

Direct link to Bandcamp (in case embed below doesn't work)

• Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • List
  3. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Oh yeah. Definitely going to insert this track in the playlist for Midnight's radio show. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

@Backtired ! Nice to see you back online ! :wink::bow:

I like both versions & thank You for sharing :wink:

Greetings to the beautiful Italy !

I love the cover too ! :winker:

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

A big fan of Hard Trance, here. 0 inspiration?? Only a few hours time?? Doesn't convince me. [​IMG] No LF mud in the Original version, a bit in the slower, but I like both of them, nice work (I wish I could this with 0 inspiration... :().

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Midnight Furie

Midnight Furie Kapellmeister

Furielicious!

7. saltwater

saltwater Guest

also a big fan of this kind, id say you succeeded in your mission, thumbs up!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  8. ry_cooder

ry_cooder Member

really cool and inspiring! Great!

9. Midnight Furie

Midnight Furie Kapellmeister

Played the 170bpm on my show tonight, it was very well received. Fancy being interviewed?!

10. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Excellent work... Enjoyed it! Took me back to my younger days when I attended a few rave parties... Though this one is much brighter and happier than most music they played at those parties!