Happy Nowrooz! Persian New Year

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by metaller, Mar 20, 2018.

1. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Thank you, my friend! :) :mates:

Thank you very much No Avenger! :mates: Lol. :rofl:

Thank you, Peter! You as well.:wink:

I always wear headsets, no dependant on the season. :grooves: Anyways, thank you very much! :bleh::thanks:

Yes, that's true. The last king of Iran and parliament at that time decided to use Cyrus coronation as the beginning of the date, but few people use the Imperial date now.

Yes :winker: happy Nowruz!! :thanks:

2. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Happy new year! :wink:

I hope a better year for everyone.

3. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Happy Nowruz!

Wish you a very peaceful and productive year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Yes, Mother Nature's real New Year! Iranians are lovely people. Don't let your leaders get you into a senseless war. Lead yourselves.

5. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

'Literally translated Nowruz means 'new day' (nou or nau: new, Ruz: day). The words روز Ruz, رۆچ Roç or رۆژ Roj in Iranian languages, which stand for day, go back to the original Indo-Iranian Rauça, which in turn comes from the original Indo-European *Leuk- from which the word light in German also originated.'
    Our languages share some origins! :yes:

Happy Nowruz to you, your family and friends, may you all stay healthy and (become) wealthy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

happy nowroz everyone and to fellow persian producers
    ive been in nowruz festivals once few years back when i was visiting relatives in iran
    and what a great time i had there

past years i didnt celebrate it because i actually dont know the exact date of
    the special day but i have 2 dear long time friends in iran
    ( both are sisters and big fans/critics of my music work) they always reminds me of the date
    (its usually they would tell me about their nowruz plans for a trip to natural locations in iran with their family and
    they usually send me pictures)but this time its inside house celebration with their own family and no relatives are invited due to covid19 according to their last whatsup msg)

i like nowruz celebration too ,not only you will have the chance to see nice locations in iran but also you will eat
    special Persian cuisine home made like kookoo sabzi (special omelete with green herbs) and reshte polo (chunky lamb or beef with rice and mixed with iranian thin noodles)all been made at house, they are de le ciouss :yes:

away from polotics and those who ''running the show'' ,i like iran as neighbor country ,they have nice locations for trips,great food cuisine at houses and restaurants and nice people with hospitality and their history in producing music is very very rich
    with such strong vocals from legends like googoosh /mahasti/hayedeh/sattar /shahram/laila frouhar and others

i have nothing but respect to the Persian society :guru:
    happy nowruz :cheers:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Very interesting. OK let's go there, I love etymology. The word 'day' comes from the (ancient Asian Indian language) Sanskrit 'di' meaning 'light' (cf. the Indian 'Di-wali' festival of lights), and from 'di' we (via Greek and Latin) got 'dios', 'dieus', 'deity', 'diva' (from 'devi') i.e. a word meaning 'god'/'goddess'. But the actual word 'god' comes from Old Germanic and Scandinavian languages, something like 'gott-en' meaning 'the invoked', think ancient shamanic invokation of god/s.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List