Hans Zimmer - Randomly famoused composer

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by metaller, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Ever heard of a conductor? Why does he get so much attention if the orchestra does all the work?
    Ever heard of a producer? What the role of a producer is? He has many roles. You do know a day has only 24 hours and that he has a company, the remote control productions? That he feeds many people? That he constantly praises other people who work with him?

2. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

You are aware of the fact that Gyro was just quoting?

3. No Avenger

You maybe thought of Brahms?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. D-Music

D-Music Rock Star

An interesting HZ’s quote/complaint about the BRAAAM! sound in Inception: “Oh, it’s horrible! This is a perfect example of where it all goes wrong. That music became the blueprint for all action movies."

So what does this tell? :)

As far as I know, Final Frontier was only used for the trailer, the first draft of the theme that later turned into the church piece was created by HZ on Christopher Nolan's request without telling him that it would be a space movie (only some details about the father/daughter relationship if I'm correct).

"Pirates of the carribean theme was composed by Ramin when he used to work under him"
    Don't you mean > help orchestrate the music and write additional cues? Because HZ and Klaus Badelt created the theme.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_The_Curse_of_the_Black_Pearl_(soundtrack)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  5. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

everyone knows this....big text block cursive is always quoting....long text is better like this then in bb quote...
    or better in this case...
    cursive= quote
    ----
    quit psychomaniac posting of mine if otherwise wtf...:rofl:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  6. Gyro Gearloose

and you still dont get it...heh heh...
    if it was open we had a dozen NEW max richters and enricos and no hanses

but he always deliver the recipe adequate

blade runner was funny cause he tried to be someone else this time and had more freedom but he couldnt get along with all that freedom heh heh
    same like the movie sort of...maybe even the scoring did make it more boring...and i tell you im an heavy impressionist but this movie was boring
    or the impressionistic movie had not the right emotions and shizzle in scoring...i think thats it..
    they cant work with dirt in hollywood heh heh..

7. Gyro Gearloose

[QUOTE="]How did you come to this conclusion mate?[/QUOTE]
    do you think only one of that mainstream douches which watches the plain movies know who did the scoring....sure not

8. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I give up. I think it's time to leave you and your hat alone...

[​IMG]

9. The Dude

The Dude Rock Star

It's not much about the music, but about the art of criticism itself. Somebody told me once:

" before you criticize someone, criticize yourself "

And you should do it as sharp as you do it with others. Not only " I make mistakes but..."

Another phase that have dear is:

'In this world, there's always somebody better than you'.
    Meaning there are always opportunities to better myself...

I've learned that criticism should be exercised with care.

So what are you peeps bragging about?

He's mediocre for you just as we are mediocre to others.

Neither Einstein nor Bach went around saying " you're nothing compared to me...". And although they probably had the right reasons to do so, they didn't. They were not arrogant! Apparently this is not important to them...

You folks with classic - jazz - free style - music school background - should compare apples to apples.
    And should be judge as you judge others.

Take your time and watch the movie...

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. Gyro Gearloose

great argument... the big horizon you got , we know now

11. Gyro Gearloose

i critisize the machine the most of the time but you fanboy's dont get it

12. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

I am proudly a God of pain
    Trust in me, for
    I will set you free :disco:
    With the serpent's kiss

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  13. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

If you can afford having Junkie XL as your ghost producer then i guess you could have Steve Jobs as your salesman lol ... By all means i would do so too, with no remorse. Too bad Steve's dead. Life is a bitch and then we die man.
    Anyway,
    I do have one very simple question for you and miss slut of fame. Taking for granted that all you say reflects the truth 100% , which i wouldn't know since i wasn't there and probably so did you, but i digress, how and why people like Junkie XL let Zimmer take credit for their work ? Do they really need that kind of work badly ? Much less famous people have sued for rights well known artists. It surprises me that no Junkie XL ever came forward to speak "the alleged truth" but instead i have to hear it from you. I am not saying you guys are lying, i am just saying i take all this with a grain of salt, if you know what i mean.
    Cheers

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. M.V.P.

M.V.P. Member

Fu*k Autocorrect :rofl:

15. maverickvd

maverickvd Member

Honestly, I did not know that. Apologies! Since I saw so many embedded links there I didn't think of it as quoting ..lol

16. maverickvd

maverickvd Member

WOW! By the way have you noticed that a day has only 24 hours for everybody and not very many of us are as phony as him.

"He feeds many people, runs a company" -- So what? How do these things even correlate with him being as good of a composer as he is made out to be?

"he constantly praises other people who work with him?" -- What else is his option besides mentioning the respective composer's work that is labeled under his name?

17. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Have you tried getting a lot of other musicians to work together and create something while appeasing the strict regiment of a movie producer? At the very least acknowledge he is a great orchestrator of humans... Most musicians couldn't even agree on which DAW to use

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. maverickvd

maverickvd Member

I think most of you all who are fanboying him is misunderstanding this one thing in particular: We don't hate Hans Zimmer the human being.

If he says that he is a composer (irrespective of feeding people, running company, fucking his wife and what not) then all of us have the right to criticize him as a composer, which is what this post is about. He is 1000% overrated as a composer. None of us are holding any personal grudge against him, it's just that this very title of a "composer" is very very sacred for most of us. These are the people we look upto, their work serves as a motivation and the fact that we not just get inspired from their work but we get to learn a lot from them. We idolize them and there are so many such people be it mighty John Williams, Ramin, Newman, Richter, Desplat, and so many more that don't get the limelight. These guys are the real deal, these are what we look upto. And then comes this fraud zimmer and the fact that people (uninformed or otherwise) put him in the same frame and this is exactly why he gets so much of hate.

And just to be clear, I used to be his fan back in the days, reading about him watching every one of his videos and the more i knew about him, the lesser i thought of him as a composer. Call him a great businessman, an outstanding verbalizer, a good orchestrator (of humans, as suggested by KungPaoFist) and all would agree with you. But if someone calls him a great composer -- get ready for a backlash!

19. No Avenger

Ok, you started it

:metal:
    One of my fav albums, I mean, amongst all out there.

20. The Observer

The Observer Guest

Yup - not to mention Green Card which has Mozart's Clarinet concerto in A major seeing someone wishes to go the classical path.

Maybe they should have looked at Hans' site for what he has done as a whole before judging him on a few.
    If a Director says "I want you to do a heavy metal version of Mary had a little lamb for this interlude", obviously most people here have never done a film score or even a documentary score as a paid contract, because if they did, they'd know the film scorer has some leeway, but for the most part is completely at the direction of the producers (the money) and the director.