Hans Zimmer - Randomly famoused composer

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by metaller, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Geeze, everyone smoke a doob or something :rofl:

2. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

Funny; I'm just about to get some medication, @Trurl!
    He certainly didn't get the oscar that the academy voted for. And isn't credited for the film score. It is very telling that the studio would use his name and music to sell the soundtrack! Like I said, there's no argument here.
    Claus Badelt famously sued (and won) a "juicy" lawsuit for credit for PotC. And was blacklisted in Hollywood. Also very telling. I think he was sued by the Holst foundation for Gladiator, and others.
    Well, I'm talking about exploitation and (misuse) of power.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2023
  3. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Yes, ranting... You complain that Hans Zimmer's compositions are characterized by simplicity rather than complexity. Some would call that a signature. You complain that Hans Zimmer takes credit for the work of others. That's called delegating (or negotiating skills). After all, Ola Källenius doesn't build the cars at Mercedes himself, and the screws that hold the car together don't say "assembled by factory worker Max Mustermann". You are complaining about how Hans Zimmer works without knowing the exact background and circumstances of the respective project management. You are complaining about things that have nothing to do with you, that offer no real added value in knowing this, and you are complaining about things that Hans Zimmer does that are completely normal and commonplace in the industry. There would be a lot of interesting things to analyze and learn here, but unfortunately, as usual, it is just rant and gossip. In the end, the only thing that remains here is that you don't like Hans Zimmer and his work. Okay, we all know that now. You are entitled to your opinion.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Ok guys, this is going nowhere or worst.
    Each of you are staying on their position, so none is advancing.
    Time to close this thread.

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List