Hans Zimmer - Randomly famoused composer

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by metaller, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Arguments? lol.
    All i hear in this thread is unsubstantial childish bs arguments against HZ from the so called know it alls, so yeah, it certainly gets on my nerves, a lot.
    I would not call them insignificant, just jealous and small in their thinking and if it bothers you when someone challenges their stance, well then thats your problem, they are old enough to reply or defend their stance, this aint no toddler forum.

2. Neuralgia

Neuralgia Guest

They are jealous but jealous of sth bigger not sth small in their thinking (like HZ).:shalom:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

my comment was not to defend anyone, it was aimed at your total absence of arguments.

in your comments there are very little if any arguments, other than scattered laments around "you know jack shit", "jealous", "you are at the bottom", "you this" and "you that"..

99% totally pointless platitudes and personal attacks making a poor job pretending to be "answering" others well drafted posts, if so the "toddler" part would be referring at your needless trivial tantrums, they contain nothing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Alright, Ace. You can climb off my back now.

5. Neuralgia

Neuralgia Guest

Neanderthal attitude towards critics ... :rofl:

6. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

No @Von_Steyr Im neither your shadow or the general AS psychotherapist.... you are just a funny and interesting phenomenon here. There is no more in it.

7. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

A dead sea pedestrian?

8. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

As I said, and seemingly needs repeating: defending someone's reputation merely because "they have a reputation" is how Weinstein got away with his (similar but different) type of exploitation. I know it's prolly silly to feel sorry for the $$$ Lorne Balfe prolly got, but I can empathise with him when he spoke out; I wonder why you don't, after seeing his obvious frustration that he didn't get the (more important) credits? Given what happened to Klaus Badelt's career afterwards, he was certainly brave to say even as much as that.

It seems to me that Hanz is merely a producer (in the Hollywood sense), one of those people who need to "wise up". Listening to his mockups of scores from that era might also be enlightening, to someone who lauds time sig, counterpoint, the importance of technical skills etcs. You realise quite what a debt he owed to Shirley Walker and hundreds of others. And how it was scandalously ("not that good") repaid, even as Hanz took sole credit for it. I guess your comment about "crapping on music" doesn't apply so long as you have a "reputation", and have the power to hire and fire people - especially if some of those people are posting here.

They don't make up the numbers needed to win an award. Music and sound are (being generous) around 5% of the ~10k; being slightly outnumbered by the producers you claim know little about the hallowed process. In any event, perhaps you can tell me if this could ever make up the 21% (to 34%) minimum needed?
    The majority (in rough order) are actors, directors, casting directors, cinematographers, documentary, film editors, execs, VFX, writers, marketing, makeup.

I'm not sure I ever mentioned those awards! But more observant critics might be able to show us where I did? Or tell us how they relate to film? Seems like another strawman.

So, you defend Hanz mainly from self-interest, or is it fear?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. The Observer

The Observer Guest

I did - my point exactly!!! - you read and hear what you want to and ignore any argument that shows how ignorant your knowledge of the film industry and its workings are. Which part of you did not read it is not clear? OMG :rofl:
    Quote in context. Using someone out of context only makes you look like someone claiming to be a critic who is anything but a critic. A good critic you are not because a good critic uses the tools of their trade they are supposed to have skills in to make a sound critique of what is good and what is not. You are sad.

I defend anyone from bad-mouthing when they are not around to defend themselves. If he was standing in front of you, I doubt you would have the guts to say it to his face. Such is the case with all weekend warriors.

Watch the video link - you may learn something but I doubt it, your ego is preventing you from learning anything.
    Reply by all means your ego and lack of understanding in an industry that you do not work in cannot help itself.
    Either way, bashing one's head against a brick wall would be more productive than attempting to point out something to someone who thinks they know everything and knows very little. I am sure we will be seeing your latest film score - never. Goodbye.

EDIT: People that bad mouth others when they are not around to defend themselves and lack the guts to do it to someone's face are the pondscum of the universe. They are the nastiest of them all and they are represented here in droves.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2019
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  10. Neuralgia

Neuralgia Guest

Even GOD isn't immune from criticism for his wrong acts, let alone his producers.:rofl:

11. The Observer

The Observer Guest

Sure but it amounts to the same thing - negative energy when there is a pile of positive energy to be gained instead. That is, the kind that is a good look and good karma. Criticising anything that has no effect and changes nothing when the intent is anything but pure is useful or ineffectual? -The latter and a waste of time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Geniii

Geniii Noisemaker

Randomly?) He could possibly become famous randomly, but not stay famous randomly. I see what you mean, but, definitely he is not that "one hit" guy like in pop music. And you can`t compare music and art like that. IMHO he one of the best out there.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

There's quite a difference. If people like music, they vote with their cash. If you want to see a film, but dislike the score / composer...? That's why this is a special case, even Hanz fanz admit that he is there by default, by being hardworking and easygoing and good at business etc. It's difficult (even for Hollywood) to know exactly how much Hanz is involved, anyway.

Well, there's some ego and assumptions evident in the posts here, I'm not sure if I've been anything except polite and objective throughout. If I've offended you I can only apologise.

See Hanz and his description of Shirley Walker's work as "not all that good" a few years ago, while taking credit for it. She was fortunate in being around to defend her reputation, having passed away in 2006. I would perhaps not go as far as you do in describing Hanz. I'm worried about karma, now you've modestly observed that it's not portioned out by the cosmos.

I think that the orchestration expert does a good job of revealing the difference between what is claimed by Hanz and the reality. I think Headshot has already done a good job in revealing the reality behind Hanz. I'm just hoping that more people learn the truth about it. I guess some people are too worried about their careers to be objective, to speak out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

not at all:deep_facepalm:

15. Gyro Gearloose

:rofl:

oh my god...:rofl:
    ---
    :deep_facepalm:

16. Gyro Gearloose

i heared rumors he will score rambo 6 and teletapis new spin off

17. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Gyro, ease up on those mushrooms.

18. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

wouldn't suprise the slightest let me tell you. :)

its the level of that "industry" right now

19. Gyro Gearloose

you on industry mushroom brainwash all youre life and you will never get...sheep

20. Mynock

Mynock Audiosexual

Another interview completely imbued by condescension and drunkenness! Nothing against it, since Zimmer is a Spitfiere service contractor/endorser, but to say that this guy is musical genius, it is too much. Zimmer is very good at what we may call post modern film scoring. But comparing him to Johnny Williams is too unfair. No one composes like Williams, the last bastion of the silver age of film scoring. Williams is a machine that knows almost everything about melodic and harmonic compositional schemes that came from the classical repertoire (from renaissance to avant garde). Zimmer is another kind of composer, as he embodies very well what is called liquid modernity and he was very clever in differentiating his musical style from Williams 'cos he sought a differentiated identity... a liquid one, which is another much more complex issue. I'll rephrase my comment: Zimmer is a 21st century music marketing genius. And that's it! Cheers mr. Zimmer and Salute! :cheers:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List