Hans Zimmer Library registration problem

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by singfx, Nov 8, 2015.

1. singfx

singfx Newbie

Hello everyone, I create an account just for this post.

I've been following the posts on this forum and got some great advice from Kontakt Guru mainly and managed to register all of my libraries, except for this one: Hanz Zimmer Percussion London Ensembles.

The method I've been using to register my libraries is creating .ncint files with an SNPID that I took from the Service Center's 'Product Hints' XML file.

The problem is I can't seem to find that specific library's name and SNPID on the product hints file.

Obviously I've tried many different SNPIDs and I deleted the registry and xml file from the service center folder as instructed by Kontakt Guru.

Would really appreciate any further help or if someone could provide the proper .ncint name and SNPID.

Thanks in advance.

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

This is already a natural born "ad lib" library for Kontakt, so just ad it thats all..... all you troubles are a waist of time.

4. singfx

singfx Newbie

Obviously I tried to load it normally through the "add library" tab first without creating a .ncint file, but I get a 'no library found' message. I got this message on all my libraries that didn't come with a premade .ncint file.

I tried to delete the registry on HKlocal machine and local user, also deleted the xml from the service center and without a .ncint file I keep getting the 'no library found' message.

With my custom made .ncint I'm able to load the library but when I load a patch I get a 'the patch is encrypted...(library not registered)' message of some sort.

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

.ncint <----- its .nicnt and not .ncint!

You need to go the whole way to the basic library folder if you want to ad the library!

6. singfx

singfx Newbie

Sorry that was a typo. My file is written '.nicnt' the right way.

Please read my original post. I know how to add libraries and which folder I'm supposed to choose under the 'add library' tab. I have dozens of libraries that I've added this way...However, I have a SPECIFIC issue with this library and I've read through all the help threads here without finding an answer to this library so this is why I'm asking for your help.

7. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

There is some confusion here.

The Hans Zimmer library IS a Kontakt Player library, but it does NOT include a .nicnt file.

Instead of a .nicnt file it has these files:

HZ Percussion_info.nkx (714kb)
    HZPercussion_2013_12_15.nkr (4.55mb)

This is equivalent to the .nicnt file.

1. Remove everything from the registry as you did before.
    2. Go back to your source download and make sure those two files are placed, and NO .nicnt file is present, then re-add the library.

Also, to clear up some confusion .nicnt files are for Kontakt 5 Player libraries. The Hanz Zimmer HZ01 library is a Kontakt 4 Player library, where they used to use .nkx/.nkr files.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. singfx

singfx Newbie

Hey ELpH,

I have those files on my main library folder. I deleted the .nicnt and all the entries from the registry and service center.
    When I choose 'add library' in Kontakt I choose my main folder (where the .nkx and .nkr) files are located and receive a 'no library found' message.

My 2 nkx and nkr files weight 20kb and 4670 kb respectfully. Perhaps they are corrupt?

Any other suggestion?

9. ELpH

ELpH Kapellmeister

Yes, something must have gotten corrupt, go back to the source files if possible.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  10. Lonely_Avatar

Lonely_Avatar Ultrasonic

FIX:

Delete everything from the HZ Perc 1, except the Instruments and Samples folders.
    Re-download the missing files:
    HZ Percussion_info.nkx - size 730,374
    HZPercussion_2013_12_15.nkr - size 4,781,143

Re-add the library. Voila!
    Tested with Kontakt Portable 6.1.1 and Kontakt 6.1.0