H Sierra&Logic - Presets not available - Help!

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Rolma, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Hi guys since I updated to H sierra I’m experiencing in logic X (all versions) a deeply annoying issue.

Im unable to access to the channel setting .cst files inside logic. The toggle button for doing so doesn’t work at all, so I cant recall or save any strip setting. I can't save a patch either with extension .patch.

Browsing in my computer and comparing with a previous backup, I have noticed that logic before H Sierra, had built two folders for resources

1- Library/Application Support/ Logic

2- Admin/Application Support/Logic

both folders having content.

With H Sierra Admin/Application Support/Logic is a mere alias folder that has lost its link.

On the other hand, I also noticed that the on the bottom level the system has created a folder within the .HFS+ a locked folder where all my logic settings are located. Of course I don’t know if this folder was created when I deleted the alias with the broken link or it was there before…

Please help me, this is really really affecting my workflow today, and in the future!

3. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

Best Answer
    There is a workaround for this folder issue I think, try over at the Logic forums. I remember seeing something there about this.

4. tooloud

tooloud Guest

I think I know what's wrong. You updated to High Sierra thinking it would be a good idea and now you have a deeply annoying issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

is it affecting your "workflow"??! lol
    what workflow?

it could hardly have been much of a "workflow" when you all of the sudden woke up and update to not even just sierra, but to high sierra (!) just like that

hilarious...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Hi Thanks for the tip. Im just adding the link to the actual discussion for the interested.The problem seems common :( but not everybody might be in the same position.
    https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133530

Well, I took the risk,it seemed cool,although this is certainly annoying,I might learn few new things.

I ll keep it on the hopeful side...:yes:

7. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Glad you have fun.....I can't see why ppl get so assertive about someone's shoes without being constructive whatsoever. You could save some typing really to give the silly morals of going nowhere.

Look mishtah workflow is a particular routine a user might rely on, a system update shouldn't represent a threat to it....or Im missing something about systems?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2017
  8. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

sorry, its not often i make such remarks but sure, you are definitely "missing something" about systems.
    it sounded like you just bought your first mac or haven't updated since 1990.

there has ALWAYS been problems with every update when it comes to audio specially. its a very sensitive area.
    and to just jump over two releases (or more??) to one that got released "last night" well, that is nothing but reckless.

that is why i react to you talking about a "workflow" problem.
    if this was a gamer issue ok but for someone that is supposedly seriously working with the machine..

anyhow, hope you can get it resolved

9. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Now I know where there isn't much useful information but a lot of tooting.
    This place used to be slightly more friendly.

Yep Im on a G4, and I drink a lot of coke... as far I can see the thread is about an issue, not about the entire rationale behind why "smart" users stay away from updates.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2017
  10. beatroot

beatroot Producer

Hi Rolma.Mac G4 is rather old if I'm not mistaken...2003-2004 maybe?Compatibility with H Sierra?Maybe you could check the same instances of Logic and H Sierra that you are running now ,on a newer Mac and see if you have the same issues.Just a thought.Anyway hope you fix your problem soon mate.Don't be upset with a few comments that seem negative.Actually they are not.Users over here take time out to help you in the best way they can.AS is the best.Users over here and on our sister site have helped me in the past with invaluable info and I,personally,am grateful.Please check compatibility issues and problems before an update is the lesson being doled out to you.All the best.:wink:

11. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Beatroot the G4 stuff was clearly a joke, that architecture can't hold H Sierra, a joke, answering to Eddiexx, who saw in my request room for this type of machine, or birthday present type of user and who is very purist about the usage of the word "workflow" an intellectual monopoly that creates hilarity!

Yes I know that at AS I found great deal of advice and feedback, that's why I asked here...
    Thanks for your help whether that pointed out to concrete solutions or was some sort of underlaying decalogue over the well versed user and her affordances.

12. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Best way to avoid this, is selling that Apple crap, and getting a proper computer.

13. spyfx

spyfx Guest

@Rolma hi my friend,i recently upgraded my mac to high Sierra and i have zero problems here,machine is even speedier now,but i'm working in ableton live,i think that apple will soon upgrade logic pro x to a new version :wink:

14. Rolma

Rolma Guest

C'mon man dont give us this crap in the morning! Not anymore, this is not about commercial armies of incompatible products in confrontation,that divide is just nonsensical hate talk.

15. spyfx

spyfx Guest

@Rolma hey man,just wanted to add that on my other mac i'm running logic pro x on el capitan perfectly.
    If you have the original disks that your mac came with and if it is not a very big hustle for you,you can reinstall the previous version of macos .
    Also thanks for being positive here on this forum :wink:

16. Rolma

Rolma Guest

@spyfx, you are welcome :mates:

For those who actually want to learn what's going on with H Sierra and Logic, here is the full article, at Logic Pro Help by Eric Cardenas.

https://www.logicprohelp.com/small-warning-updating-macos-10-13-high-sierra/
    and further discussion
    https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=133530

Well MY PROBLEM GOT SOLVED IN 30 SECS by simply replacing the alias folder pointing to a missing link with a new folder where the actual content of my presets found +HFS () has been placed.

I've seen worse stuff in my life in terms of path changes and missing libraries....

Thumbs up for @grdh20, first to answer with real food for thought.

17. pehierre

pehierre Ultrasonic

what kind of company can publish an update that can't handle the integrity of his own appz?

18. fritzm

fritzm Producer

To be criticized by a fool, is actually, the highest compliment one can receive. So, thank you!

19. fritzm

fritzm Producer

It is an isolated issue. I do not have this problem.

20. fritzm

fritzm Producer

It is an isolated issue. I do not have this problem.

21. Rolma

Rolma Guest

This issue has to do with users that got installed logic 9, the path system was different in that version, with further program's updates to mean Logic X, it was possible to retrive the path for those libraries, but with H Sierra the support for Logic 9 ended, so that link has become obsolete and also some reanaming for directories has gone on as well.

It's just a minor glitch for users who had installed Logic 9 regarding where logic X under H sierra listens and from where those little programs/settings are pulled and retrieved.

OK The THREAD SHOULD BE RENAMED AND READ
    USERS WHO HAVE LOGIC 9 INSTALLED COULD FACE ISSUES ACCESING TO THEIR CHANNEL STRIP PRESETS UNDER H SIERRA.

DONT PANIC TOO SOON!

THERE IS A SIMPLE FIX, WHICH YOUR GRANDSON COULD PERFORM AS PART OF SOME CASUAL HOMEWORK.

Certainly, with the type of ministry of truth based on opinion and why not to say prejudices, but certainly not real knowledge or experience, in five months we are going to face a severe crisis of innovation, perhaps the first step to the dark ages.
    Wouldn't be nice to touch the hump of a hunchback to increase chances to win the lottery?