Gymnopedie nº1 (trippy guitar version)

Discussion in 'Music' started by RMorgan, Sep 26, 2019.

1. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Hey guys,

So, as a challenge, I've adapted Satie's Gymnopedie nº1 to guitar...To be fair, I've borrowed from three different adaptations and made my own.

Check it out:

Basically, I used a bunch of delays and reverbs, and quite a few automation tracks to achieve this result...Oh, and I've used just one guitar. Didn't want to cheat and overlay a bunch of them (I was temped, though).

I know...I know...It's a perfect song and I kind of ruined it, but it was fun!

I'm learning the other 2 Gymnopedies, so I can record the three of then eventually.

Looking forward to hear what you think about it. Feel free to ask any questions!

Cheers,

R.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  3. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

At last something that´s not an hybrid subgenre of techno, hip-hop, dance or whatever ambient flooding these threads. I like it but please change that avatar :yes:

4. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

:rofl:
    Agreed! That avatar was creepy! Changed for one that looks more like myself. :wink:

5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Nice and nice and spacey. You can't ruin a song if you make it your own, but you can, for sure, ruin yourself by not making a song your own.