Guys with websites, what web hosting do you like best?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Cav Emp, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Just want to take the temperature of some tech savvy people. Who do you use and are you happy with it?

Couldn't find a more appropriate forum for it so i picked the Lounge :dunno:

3. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

4. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Amazon Web Services (AWS) - micro instance - but you must know things as you're basically managing a server remotely from command line.

5. stevitch

stevitch Audiosexual

A Small Orange:

https://asmallorange.com/

Their prices are good, and periodically they have specails of up to $60 off. I got three years of upgraded service for the price of one year of my former-level serivce. Their customer service is attentive and helpful. And so on.

6. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Noisemaker

Seriously guys :facepalm:

Go for DreamHost or something similar. :bash:

And stop with the old things. We are in 2016 ! :guru:

7. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

If you're looking for a cheap one, I suggest Namecheap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I use 5hosting.com. Unlimited space and traffic. Not the fastest though, but it could also be my page.

9. Ellin

Ellin Kapellmeister

I'm on aruba.it - many options and services no expensive...

10. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I'm on a stater plan on weebly. The service is steady and the web design tools are easy to use. I pay like $49 bucks a year.

11. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

I have a virtual server for personal/web development and a dedicated for supporting web clients I had before I made the switch to do music almost full-time.
    I dont use any hosting companies. although I did before but after I had the required technical knowledge about networks, virtualization, hosting and that type of stuff, I like to run my own services.

Cav, If youre interested in having a website or cant decide which hosting plan to choose/what you need to begin with, I might be able to help you.

12. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

I always wanted to run my own server. I have machines just laying around. How big of a pain is it?

13. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

Its a good idea to use old/unused machines as a server, but if you're willing to learn and have some time for trial and error cuz you'll be doing it a lot in the beginning.
    You just need to know the basics. you can learn this stuff by either reading a good book written by an expert or watching some tutorials online. there are plenty. stay away from Udemy as much as you can.

Make sure you have minimum amounts of bandwidth and a stable connection so your website wont shutdown randomly. something like +5 or 10 Mb/s should be enough for a small website.
    If youre not familiar with Linux and Terminal, stick to Windows and GUI. There is nothing wrong with it. The only difference for a starter might be the learning path and pricing (due to Windows license fee).

14. Burninstar

Burninstar Platinum Record

Thanks I might try it in the future. I appreciate your help. I am pretty good at technical challenges so my confidence is high.

15. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Well, the speed of your page might be not the best for hardware reasons and/or due to your line.

16. Amirious

Amirious Platinum Record

17. Josephluke

Josephluke Newbie

According to my using experience, there are different types of web hosting service available. What's your requirement for choosing a website hosting? I mean bandwidth or space do you need? If you are unware or really don't know about web hosting service take a look at this article https://masterbundles.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/7-easy-steps-to-host-your-website.pdf I hope will help you a lot to solve your issues.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  18. duskwings

duskwings Platinum Record

i suggest bigscoots at the moment, other hostings offer you an entry subscription with a big discount (I m a former siteground user), then when you have to renew you get a painful surprise, bigscoots plans are very good and you get no surprises