Guys am finishing my first song/video...advice

Discussion in 'Music' started by samsome, Dec 23, 2015.

1. samsome

samsome Guest

Hi guys

am finishing my first song with video....

THe problem is I never dealt with soundcloud/facebook all those things.

I want some guidance how to make the wording and any legal matters looking professionally

is there any guidance on this, any advice appreciated, also i don't have an artist name, do i need to register one? and where?

thank you

3. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Noisemaker

This, is the Soundcloud bitrate.

[​IMG]
    (128 Kbps)

4. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

If you wish to assert your right to be idntified as the copyright holder of the work, Creative Commons might have the right solution for you.
    https://creativecommons.org/licenses/

Copyright law is a gigantic subject. The general terms are, perhaps, a little too large to explain in one post. Maybe you could let us know the specific parts of copyright law that you'd like to learn.

A regards registering an artist name, you may wish to have a public persona that is detached from your personal detail. Choosing a unique name as your artist name does not oblige you to register that name. Having an artist name as your public alias is different from using a name as a registered trademark. You cannot protect your alias against imitators but you can defend your trademark against certain types of infringement.

5. Rasputin

Rasputin Platinum Record

This might come off as sounding a little negative, but I don't mean it to be.

It doesn't sound like you know your direction yet, and it doesn't sound like you've honed your craft. I'd hold off on releasing anything yet, because you'll inevitably look back and think "wow, what a piece of junk... should have kept that to myself."

Keep working at stuff for at least another year and don't be in such a rush to release fresh stuff. Also, unless you're entering a contract with a company then you don't really have to worry about the legal angle. It's not as if you need an entertainment lawyer to throw something on Soundcloud.

Just my advice, I'm sure many will disagree.

6. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual