Gullfoss V/S Smart EQ

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Valhellyeah, Sep 2, 2021.

1. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

I'm looking for a concise tutorial about dynamic EQs, this concept isn't clear in my mind, and by watching some YT videos, I don't hear differences - perhaps I'm too old... :guru::rofl:

2. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

3. MozartEstLa

MozartEstLa Platinum Record

If you can see my profile details, you can see Pro Q3 is in my wishlist... like Maschine MK3 controller (planned Q1 2022), Diva, Ableton Live 11 Suite, Omnisphere 2 and a tolerant (and rich) girlfriend... :rofl:

4. odod

odod Rock Star

i uses SmartEQ3 to sculpt the tone, and gulfoss to balance the mix both are useful

5. COVID-X

COVID-X Ultrasonic

Finally, what we use are "certain touches", each plugin has its own and even more when we talk about equalizers.

In my case for example with Soothe or Gullfoss a great placebo effect happens to me, I finally ended up using Soothe for more creative situations.

And as for the Smooth Operator, I confess that produces the expected result for me. Unlike the HUGE hype towards Soothe.

I have not tried SmartEQ3 honestly because of the size, the same happens with Izotope; I like to use the plugins directly when the music is flowing, ideal with Zero possible latency.

I'm very happy with TDR Nova, Fruity Parametric EQ 2, PRO Q-2, Spectre..... Always checking the differences with SPAN and lately DSEQ3.

Now there are a number of installed and uninstalled eq plugins that I don't even remember. Although I feel like "I don't need more", I will have to give DMG a revisit, if someone can help me with EQuilibrium 1.56, I will be very grateful. :yes:

And I will test: Thanks to R2R the PSP E27 and Thanks to RET SmartEQ2.

Greetings!

6. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Just a thought, but if you couldn't hear it back in the 1980s or 10 years ago, or 7 years ago when you joined, you wouldn't recognize it now.
    Point being, I know engineers in their 60s and 70s who, although I know their ears must have changed since the 1960s, can't not hear what this plugin is doing.
    Thus helping prove my point.
    If you couldn't hear dynamics prior to now, I'd not worry about it.

7. pratyahara

pratyahara Pending Deletion

Truth is, plugins are such bad devices that they differ greatly.

8. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Ah yes, analogue mojo.