Guitar Sound- Funk Or Electric

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by gompo, Dec 22, 2014.

1. gompo

gompo Ultrasonic

is it possible to produce such a guitar sound in a DAW by using any library or vst?

Please refer to the attached file.

thanks

Merry Christmas :mates:

guitar.mp3

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

It probably is, but it would take about 20 seconds to make one with an electric guitar (and some distortion, chorus and reverb).

Edit: Lol! Funk?!

4. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Gompo,

At a fist glance (and listening !), it sounds 'Electric' (because it is !), not so 'Funky' (but that's my opinion !).

Anyway, 'Funky' or not, the good news for you is that this short musical sample is played 'staccato', rather than with other perhaps more difficult to reproduce 'Guitar Techniques'... *yes*
    So, my suggestion may be that you, either use an already existing Library containing Samples/Sounds of 'Electric Guitar(s)', or use an 'Electric Guitar' Emulation 'VSTi Plugin', then 'process' it through some either 'Individual VST FX Plugin(s)', or directly through some specific 'Guitar Plugins' as can be 'Guitar Rig 5', 'AmpliTube 3', 'Peavey ReValver MKIII or MKIV', or even 'BIAS Positive Grid',... *yes*

That should do the 'Trick' ! :thumbsup:

For you too ! *yes* :mates:

5. lisapower

lisapower Member

What my ears hear:

Electric Guitar played staccato, then added those effect (Distortion, Reverb, a little bit Delay in time of course, and Pan from slowly from side to side).
    Important: I also noticed that the guitar is layered on two tracks, in other words, the guitar is doubled. If everything is well mixed you get what you are looking for.

cheers

6. TommyMoran

TommyMoran Newbie

So far, you've had suggestions of what type of presets to use, all of which sound pretty accurate. The VST's recommended by Studio are all pretty good - you can likely just pick one of those (Guitar Rig 5 is my pick) and then flip through presets until you find something close and then tweak it.

As for the audio signal though, if you're particularly keen on sampling a library instead recording actual guitar, I'd recommend Ilya Efimov. Check out their LP here. It's the best I've heard out there as far as sampled guitars go. :wink:

(Keep in mind, the samples on that link don't have the effects you want - it's just the clean sound. You'll need to apply those through a VST as previously suggested).

7. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

You didn't know or you've just started to learn making music on computer.

Example video from my channel but not funk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziVTH7mgzEs

8. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

LP is a good recommendation by TomM and the price is awesome at the moment.
    I'd also like to add Prominy V-Metal here V-metal. Don't let the metal in the name or clips put you off as these are just preset sounds used.
    It has to be one of the closet things to an electric I've heard

Jump to 1:52 for a more mellow and thread appropriate song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OPF7Mijakw#t=1m52s

9. cs2014

cs2014 Noisemaker

Yeah it is very awesome and actually there are lots of libraries and plug-ins to add :)