Guitar Rig 5 plugin in Ableton 9

Discussion in 'Live' started by Cifrocco, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Cifrocco

Cifrocco Newbie

When I run Guitar Rig 5 standalone, everything is great, I plug in my Fender and I can use Guitar Rig 5 as well as my Rig Kontrol 3 hardware.

When I load up Ableton Suite 9 64-bit, and I drag in the Guitar Rig 5 plugin ont an audio track, it comes up but I don't get the same setup, almost all presets are missing, even the sound is not being routed through to the Ableton audio track properly. I checked my audio setup in Ableton, seems fine as far as I can tell.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

Thanks.

3. audiozuser76

audiozuser76 Producer

I assume that your computer is Atari and the OS is Tramiel Operating System, I'm right?
    Guitar Rig 5 doesn't support proper Atari OS!!!

4. Cifrocco

Cifrocco Newbie

Uhhh... right. Thanks, dude.

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

have you got 2 versions installed? I think the standalone uses the same dll (its just a vst wrapper)

I have a little Behringer guitar midi input device, and in order for me to play through my daws with the guitar I plug a lead from the audio out of the behringer into the soundcard mic or headphone socket, can't remember which one at the mo, but one of em works, also make sure you are using the correct audio driver for the guitar input device, then it's rock and roll baby :wink:

6. Cifrocco

Cifrocco Newbie

I've got the Fender plugged into Input 1 (Instrument) of a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 audio interface.

When I run only Ableton Live 9, the guitar comes through correctly and I can record it into an audio track.

When I run only Guitar Rig 5 it also comes through correctly, and I record wav files using the Tape Out component.

When I run Ableton Live 9 and then drag the Guitar Rig 5 plugin into an audio track, then I don't get either the correct audio routed through, nor do I see all the nice presets that come with Guitar Rig 5 when it's in standalone.

I'm going to keep trying all the settings I can find until I get it right.

Thanks.

7. frankbiganski

frankbiganski Newbie

Ciffrocco, Did you every find an answer to your GR5 vst and Live 9 connectivity issue? I am having the same problem, and I see online that many other folks are too.

Thanks!

Frank