[GUIDE] Fixing issues with Maschine Expansions under macOS

Discussion in 'Maschine' started by 5teezo, Mar 3, 2020.

1. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

I ran into some issues lately with some Maschine Expansions showing an "Update" button in the File browser:

Update.png

After that I got a pop-up saying, some tags are incompatible with the current verison of Maschine (v. 2.9.2):

Updateoneshots.png

So I ran the update and it still failed to update the all the tags… great…
    So I hit the "Read more…" Link:

oopsi.png
    N.I.… What a great company…

Anyway: I though maybe changing the Folder Name and re-scan the expansions would fix this issue – it doesn't. So I decided to rename the Folder back to what it was originally and re-assign it in the "USER" section of the Library in Preferences again, but I got a notification saying: "You can't do that, this path is already stored in the factory library". So the path was there just not the libraries. Rescaning doesn't bring back all Expansion. Especially not the once which are not freshly installed which don't have a .plist file.

So I deleted Maschine and the support files along with it,re-installed it but the issue remained. There's an official support thread for this issue on the N.I. Forums with a tutorial video which says that you have just to delete 3 files with the expansion .db3. But theese are nowhere to be found in the current version of the Maschine Installation… Great Work N.I.…

So, to fix that an be able to add the path to your maschine expansion, you have to do the following:
    • Go to Users > YOUR HOME FOLDER > Library > Preferences
    • Open com.native-instruments.Maschine 2.plist with a plist Editor.
    • Scroll down to the 2 nd to last entry where its says "NSNavLastRootDirectory" and delete the path that's assigned to it. Save the file.
    • Restart Maschine, add you new path in In Preferences > Library > User and rescan and everything is back to normal after that. Note: All your Expansions are now listed under the "USER" Section!
    If they are not listed, delete the .plists of all installed Expansion because these include the path to the expansion as well. And if this path is not updated to new location they might not show up.

Once you load a group, samples may be missing. But once you located one of the missing samples in the group the rest are loaded automatically. You only have to do this once per missing samples of an Expansion.

Anyway, I hope it helps others who may run into a similar issue.

3. TX

TX Newbie

Hey just jumped on to tell you this info is great, couldnt figure out how to load old expansions before this....cheers. Updated question...any idea of how to get kontakt instruments to show up in the same manner? Thanks again