gui/playhead freeze when using the file browser

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by ROYAL ARMY, Aug 25, 2015.

1. ROYAL ARMY

ROYAL ARMY Newbie

ive done so much to get my file browser to react similar to v2 and figured it out temporarily. I went to the spot light ....( lemme stop and give my specs=Macbook pro 15 inch , Mid 2012 2.3 ghz intel quadcore i7 with NVidia GeForce GT 650M 512 mb graphics card builtin-16gb of ddre 1333 mhz ram 512GB SSD and 512GBHD via HDcaddy replacement for the SuperDrive running OSX yosemite 10.10.5)..

ok so I went to the spot light prefs and reindexed all my drives. To do this I clicked on the privacy settings and then added all of my external drives then removed them to start the reindexing process.

While doing this, i noticed that the file browser searched for all of my sounds quick and lightning fast just like in v2 with no hiccups in the playhead or freezes in the gui.

Does this mean i have to keep adding and removing to reindex my drives everytime I use studio one? Also is there anything i need to do to my drives. I already repaired disk permissions, reset pram, reset smc/nvram, disabled bluetooth, and wifi during this process. While everything is working right now, does this mean this process will have to be repeated, (as mentioned earlier)?I also have little snitch installed. Could this be causing the issue?

Thanks for any feedback and I hope this has helped someone who is going through the same issues.