GUI knobs, faders and buttons

Discussion in 'Our Art' started by DarthFader, May 17, 2016.

1. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

If there's any particular file format and/or image size that you guys would like to see here, please comment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

niiiiice, would love to see more stuff from you. Loving what you are bringing to this section :D

4. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

png is the usual one for gui stuff

concerning resolutions, make it the smallest possible, retaining the image sharpness.
    (but multiple resolutions are the best)

5. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

This could be an awesome thread. I customize my daw's so I'll keep my eyes on this one.
    Thanx @DarthFader .

6. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Thanks, everyone. I'll do some themed sets, in .png format, in the sizes recommended by @Rhodes

7. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

shouldn't it be in vectors these days?

then it's truly re sizeable,

8. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Good point! Just one bijou problemette; my 3D apps render to bitmap and movie formats. Not sure how to make something like this image below work as a vector format.....
    [​IMG]
    ^^^ That's only an animated GIF, of course. The .tga vertical strip is 128 frames, 24px wide by 72px height (per frame). I've uploaded it to Zippyshare. Clicking on the animated GIF should take you to the download page. Tested as a knob in Reaktor 6. Seems to work ok but, yeah.... not resizeable.

9. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    That is the problem with most of my plugins in LPX.They are not resizable

10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  11. Rhodes

Rhodes Audiosexual

Hi OR!
    Is there something similar, but aimed at reducing the image size ? like Blow Down or something ?!? :unsure:

I find myself very often resizing "down" my gui elements, and I do it the usual way, with the built in stuff of photoshop... but hey, if there is a plugin that does the job with just a click or two, good as Blow up, that enlarges the images ... :cheers:

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  12. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Honestly, not sure, perhaps blow up works the same when shrinking, never tried it.

Otherwise, I dont know of anything.

13. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

YAK - yet another knob. [​IMG]
    Clicking the animated GIF should open up a Zippyshare page where you can download the vertical strip as a .png file. The strip has 128 frames at 48 x 48 pixels per frame plus an alpha channel.

And here's a dead simple Photoshop template. [​IMG]
    Four layers: bezel, insert, black cutout and knob. Nothing special. Just a bunch of gradient fills plus bevel and emboss. The image above is linked to the .psd file.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  14. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

15. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Im pretty sure I already did a while back, i dont really post much anymore, contractual obligations and such and its just more spent time.. that as most people, I don't have to spare unfortunately.

Anyway.. I'll let u good folks get back to the thread in hand.

Good stuff Dartho!

16. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

ahh nice. In that case if you can ever find that thread where u posted some of ur stuff we can try moving it to this forum just to have some stuff to get this place going...

17. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

+1 @( . ) ( . )
    I the missed the @One Reason post the first time around but I've heard a lot about it. Would be super-stoked to discover a repost here.

18. Lean

Lean Producer

They look nice :yes: What they for? If they for Kontakt you can also use .TGA and also animated GIF but PNG much more common and with takes up less space Remember your text descriptor.

They look cool Nice one. Knobman a great program to check out also BTW for that sort of stuff. Photoshop got it's fanncy templates and you can edit them a little better but Knobman fantastic for the actual process of making any sort of button, slider etc :bow:

19. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Thanks for asking. :)
    The animated gifs are linked to downloadable vertical image strips for use in Reaktor or Kontakt gui builds. One of the strips in .tga format whilst the other is a vertical .png file.

The knob that's linked to a .psd file (the one with the cyan ring) is for loading into Photoshop and fooling round with the colours before merging the layers and exporting as a bitmap for use in jKnobMan, where you'd add a rotating line or dot to fool the eye into thinking the knob is turning.

You're absolutely righ @Lean jKnobMan is great for making rotary knobs and linear faders. Sometimes, there's an antialiasing issue when jKnobMan renders out the vertical strip but it's still a brilliant app. I made the images above in order to show how much further one might go without using jKnobMan. Each animation frame was rendered out as an image. After that, I created a really simple action in Photoshop that stitches all of the separate animation frames into one vertical strip.

20. Lean

Lean Producer

Fantastic. These will be really helpfull. I could use some for sure as always searching for buttons etc to use so is really handy. It takes time to set this stuff up (and especially when u feeling lazy lol) so is really handy to have some. Would be fantasic to have a section dedicated to just such things. One of the most useful places for a gui perso, scripter etc. U have to decide whether you want to sell them or license them under creative commons or just let people use them. Great work tho mate & keep it up coz i reckon it will be really handy to have such a section. :bow:

21. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Knob and Sliders2.png Knob and Sliders.png

Part of a UI kit I'm working on right now. :cheers:

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List