Gsi VB3 organ and pro tools 12

Discussion in 'Software' started by DanielJameS, Dec 23, 2015.

1. DanielJameS

DanielJameS Noisemaker

This may be old news to those who have stumbled upon it, but for those who haven't:

Through my journey of whittling down the list of plugins and Vsti's that work in pro tools 11/12 (Mac) with and without blue cat, I remembered how badly I wanted to utilize Gsi's VB3 organ. I had attempted this in previous versions of pro tools 9-10 with the fxpansion wrapper as Gsi did not offer a RTAS version, but the GUI was not functioning.

Happy to report that the newest version of VB3 using a combination of Sound Radix 32 Lives to convert to 64 bit, and blue cat patchwork synth is producing a fully functioning version of VB3 in protools, all controls and midi functionality. AWESOME sounding B3 and I'm mad I had not been able to use this in years passed, way more authentic and natural than native instruments. Farewell Vintage Organs!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

I started using VB3 several years ago and never looked back on Vintage Organs or anything else. Their version 2 was supposed to appear about 2 years ago, but they started using it in the new hardware they are selling which sounds amazing. Been wishing the software version would be out by now, but it's worth checking out their site (especially facebook) to hear how great the new version sounds. http://www.genuinesoundware.com/

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. DanielJameS

DanielJameS Noisemaker

Thanks for the heads-up, will definately check this out. I know I'm late to the party because I could never get it working in pro tools, but it's amazing for an instrument with such a small footprint how much better VB3 is.

5. Pagurida

Pagurida Platinum Record

+1
    imho still the BEST SOUNDING B3+LEZLIE VSTi ever made...
    especially, when it comes to an authentic, raspy sound of the '70s (lord, hensley, mann, kaye, winwood etc.) [​IMG]
    guido is a genius! [​IMG]

6. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

I use it in my live setup. I used a nord for awhile just because everyone was raving over the B3, but I found the VB3 more versitile and sounded more realistic. I can do the Jon Lord thing then switch to a sweet Memphis sound with no leslie drum sound (horn only) in a matter of seconds. I used Guido's Key Performer and it was a great multi-tool in one simple package. Only problem was I would have crashes on the B3 and synth emulations. I use their Mr Ray also.....just amazing and small footprint. Glad you got it working in PT. I think this company is overlooked by many because it is small, but I have been supporting them for many years now and am very happy to do so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

I'm also a big fan of Guido's VB3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. burgvogt

burgvogt Kapellmeister

I started out with NI B4, which at the time was great, then I was disappointed with B4II and discovered VB3, which I have been using in the studio even though I own an A100/ Leslie 147. It is so much easier to record and absolutely authentic sounding. On stage, however, I use a Nord electro3 since I do not trust laptops. I used to do it, but since a gig in the vicinity of an electric power plant , when my computer refused to work and I had to drive home to get my suzuki hammond and my kurzweil I absolutely rely on the Nord as my workhorse for all kinds of keyboard sounds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List