Gryffin Trance/Tropical Pluck

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by mkopans, Aug 4, 2015.

1. mkopans

mkopans Newbie

I was wondering if any of you have heard of this guy Gryffin. He produces this combo of trance and chill/tropical I guess. But I was wondering if anyone knew the patch he used to create the lead he has. He uses it in most of his songs, and I like it a lot. I feel like it has to be pretty simple to recreate, I'm just still kind of a beginner at sound design.

Thanks!

3. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Yeah i've been dying to know about this ! He's uses it in he's "Daydreamer" remix which is my favorite track of 2015 so far

4. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

saw + sine with some lowpass filter envelope. Try 100% keytracked and dial in cutoff, filter envelope (decay mostly) and range to taste.
    Add a tad of chorus, or stack a few saws, detune/unison them a bit.

edit: Ah, you mean the guitarish lead (and not the bass)? Nm then. I would just layer a real electric guitar (highpassed, compressed, delayed and reverbed) with some plucky (lowpass filter enveloped) supersaw-ish synth lead.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015