Group Buy - VPS Avenger

Discussion in 'Software' started by michaelbrac, Feb 10, 2017.

1. michaelbrac

michaelbrac Guest

Hi everyone
    who is intresting?
    more people less money
    there isnt protection , right
    so
    im the first
    who is the next ?

3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

hahaha makes me absolutely laugh again . you failed a few times with your group buy threads .

you can buy that with 20 people together but only one person can use it .

second laugh about there isnt protection .

4. michaelbrac

michaelbrac Guest

how come?
    there isnt a dongle

5. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

I have actually though about this myself. So if you buy Avenger you wouldn't be able to run it on your other devices (laptop, desktop, etc..) if it's only limited to one person?

6. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

just lol

7. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

The licence itself is limited to two computers for each user (buyer). Technically one could install one license on 40 permanently-offline computers (or hundreds). Problem is though, as soon as 2 of those computers will go online the license will be associated with them and any other computer that will go online will have it's licence invalidated and I don't see the group buyers as being the owners of two computers (one with online access and another one totally offline). IMHO the risk is too high in such a group buy that someone eventually will f-k up and go online with it's daw on.

8. mottell

mottell Ultrasonic

Oh okay, but it would be possible to split the purchase between only 2 then, since it's limited to 2 computers?

9. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I'd say yes, provided that the person that makes the purchase plays fair.

10. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

I did this with my teammate and it works fine. Didn't try on a third computer yet tho

11. michaelbrac

michaelbrac Guest

Not every computer is connecting to the internet when making music.
    Is it possoble to block the outgoing i.p and it will work with the internet?
    So if people intresting.
    Write down.

12. black bounty

black bounty Platinum Record

I'd be interested if some crackhead smoke it,
    they say it's good dope
    (sorry, I didn't sleep)
    :woot:
    a bit too risky if there's no way to get over this licence thing
    would something like little snitch be enough ?

13. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

...or just save €25 each month - by the summer when vengeance-sound will have their 20% summer discount you'll have the money.

14. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

this will be the problem. i think we should wait until it is blessed.
    what was its price?

after trying the demo version, i wasnt to impressed, but maybe i had not the patience to try more around, i found it pretty bad that you have to keep the useless Factory on your HDD, when you could do your own presets with avenger, but thats typical for vegeance as we have seen with nexus already.

15. guitarie

guitarie Kapellmeister

i bought this plugin with a friend of my. So the idea is good. It works on 2 pc. Hope you find somebody that will buy with you.

16. hvyen

hvyen Member

Anybody knows, how it works with the expansions? Are they linked to my license or can I use the presets of an expansion with any other computer (other license of Avenger)?

17. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

From my point of view this is not correct to VPS because they give to us for purpose to try synth which can be fully used if you use some brain cells. I am not part of them and yes all my software are cracked ones,but for this synth is not correct to developsers.You have a plenty expansions u can use w/o licences they didnt even do that licencig xp's and now we can see an stupid idea for group buying single licence and then what! I can not undertsand some musicians ,they dont now a basics for example where is VST folder and they bring to us such a clever ideas.VPS Avenger in fact isnt so expensive ,for what they offering.So delete this thread or we can very soon be without free demo version which is by the way free updates even in demo,isnt that simply fair ?.Support developers don make this stupid request they are mainstream and there is reason why is that way,because they work hard to bring to us a quality software.So please delete this thread,no hard feelings but keep it real :)

18. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

I don't believe in group buys. And I don't believe programmers are that dumb not to implement any copy protection.
    Vengeance has changed their registration scheme from dongle to serial. That doesn't mean there is no protection. Instead I think they are convinced, that they can manage it without a dongle. Think about it.
    For instance they could check the IP of PCs using the VST at the same timen/w same serial# and blacklist if they reach a given limit.
    Good luck to reissue a new serial# in this case.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  19. michaelbrac

michaelbrac Guest

i bought it alone , finally

20. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

Good for you mate ! :) i can\t wait to make some extra money and buy it ,it is realy worth it :)