Groove template problem

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by MaXe, Jun 2, 2019.

1. MaXe

MaXe Kapellmeister

Hi guys,
    We all know that groove templates are there to help us steal timing of another performance but I wonder if there is anything(Any software, plugin or whatever) that can make different groove template morph into each other so the musical piece can breathe! Cause groove template are like dead snapshots and they do not make piece breathe after they're applied to a section! I had some real time sequencer in mind in which you can set different grooves in real time like Reaktor sequencers. Not sure if such thing exists.
    Any suggestions?

3. Rudy Manterie

Rudy Manterie Platinum Record

4. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

This is not what would happen if you were to merge them. It would be a total mess, and would defeat the idea of groove templates.
    It's all down to how you use the groove template.
    Groove is apparent in context with something that doesn't groove in the same way.
    Having been using MIDI since its inception, and sequencing since then, I would not recommend relying on using groove templates unless you know what you are doing.
    Just like your DAW! What's this "real time" aspect you mean?

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

"Humanizer" stuff is even worse. Way too random.

6. MaXe

MaXe Kapellmeister

So what exactly do you suggest? I want my musical piece to flow and I see some producers who are not skillful players but somehow manage to get that organic timing and feeling for their pieces EVERY TIME they release new music.