Great News for AMD & UAD Users!

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by maxy_10, Mar 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. maxy_10

maxy_10 Member

I cant believe it but ASUS finally help me out. A few months ago i just bought a UAD-2 Pcie Duo used but the thing is that i found out the hard way that it wasnt compatible with my PC. I own a Asus x670e hero and AMD 7950x. I've been emailing with Asus for two months, at first they told me it wasnt their fault, but i keep pushing a little and finally today they sent me a new bios. Still cant believe, i was about to start using that card as a paperweight. Let me know if that BIOS can be share here and glady i will upload. Still amazed about it. I cant believe how much DSP that helios pre uses, holy molly!!:rofl:

upload_2024-3-15_9-35-27.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

interesting. did they give a reason for the issue?
    i have the same board with the 7950x3d.
    i use a pcie to pci adapter card with a couple of older creamware cards, working flawless for almost a year now.
    but the usbs are very shaky, had to reduce ram freq from 6000 to 5800 to get it almost stable
    judging from the half minute it takes just to get to the bios post screen
    i guess they don`t trust their hardware much and don`t allow it to boot up without extensive testing everything.

does that bios you got have a version number?

• List
  4. Ritchie

Ritchie Member

Had the same issue but with ASRock you have to push them to create a custom BIOS for you (not sure about how it affects warranty) they made me a custom BIOS as well but by the time they got back to I got used to making way better chains outside of UAD's ecosystem (although still using some basic native stuff) so ended up not installing it and selling the card lmao

• List
  5. maxy_10

maxy_10 Member

They just sent me the bios from the lab without a word, that was wierd and i asked the same, but i think the problem is the same than before with the x570. Even i think that i pointed them out in the right direction hahaha. I found this in a forum and sent it to them. After that their answer was to sent it to the lab.
    PCIe UAD-2 SOLO, DUO y QUAD use an older FPGA gen that supports 12 directions, which is previous standard. UAD-2 OCTO's dont have this problems as they use a newer FPGA with 36 directions. Sry for my english. BIOS version they sent me is 9930, doesnt make sense. Last bios is 1904 i think

6. maxy_10

maxy_10 Member

Yep. read in a forum that AsRock did the same thing, not sure about warranty, but mail says that is under my resposabilty, but this mother has two bios, so i think its not a big deal to try.

7. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

and you don`t have usb troubles?

8. maxy_10

maxy_10 Member

Everything working fine: Behringer xTouch, Audient id44, Samsung t7 shield, Kensington Slimblade are my devices, everything working. I used to have problems with speed and timing with my rams when i bought my mother, which was been fixed in previous bios releases. This one keep it working fine

9. panaman

panaman Kapellmeister

seems to me it got worse with every new bios. or with the settings i changed after every update.
    on top of that the x3d cpu with it`s design flaws,,,

10. maxy_10

maxy_10 Member

Yes, i cant believe that a brand as big as Asus releases a new top mother with so much failures. The problem with ram speed and timings took them nearly 1 year to make it work properly, and still takes 30 sec for cold boot. That's unforgivable. About UAD card i think its not as critical but well, at least they took my case and elaborated a custom bios to fix it and will include it in future official releases

11. qnb520

qnb520 Newbie

The Ryzen 9 7950X3D is based on AMD's Zen 4 architecture and features the innovative 3D V-Cache technology, which provides a much larger amount of high-speed cache than traditional cache designs. This gives it a significant performance advantage in applications and games that are heavily dependent on cache, especially at high resolutions and refresh rates.
    For CPU comparison, please refer here https://topgpu.net/cpu/AMD-9-7950X3D-vs-Intel-i9-14900K.html