Graphical issues with cracked plugins, bought legit one, then still have issues?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by arthez, Jul 6, 2023.

1. arthez

arthez Newbie

I was using devious machines infiltrator 2 cracked for a while, I couldn't afford the 120$ price tag at first. I would usually only use one instance starting out at first, most of my projects when I load back after buying the legit version, works.
    However, project has been corrupted. Everything loads, and plays, but if I loaded another instance of infiltrator and tried to save, it's not usable coming back to it. the graphics aren't interactable.

edit: by corrupted, I mean certain things crash, but it's still usable

I was wondering what exactly is happening, and what do I do to fix a corrupted project? is there anything I can do? I know I could go back to a backup or save that was not corrupted, but it has been a while, and I would be changing quite a lot, so I was curious what would it take to fix a project flp myself? or how you diagnose more?

Usuall problems are Cableguys but I bought that one too

Fl studio 21.0.3
    Windows 11
    RX 6700 XT up to date (checked today)
    i7-12700KF
    64GB DDR5

Disclaimer: I also use audio gridder quite a bit

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

you will hear about "bad plugins" if you ever present a DAW's tech support with something they do not know how to fix. (or don't want to spend the time). Maybe it can happen, but if it was an actual issue, there would be a whole lot of corrupted projects where this would be a realistic probable cause of failure. It's not.

Search on the forum here for "Corrupt FL Studio Project" and Google it also. Almost every result you read, will not have been a problem caused by a plugin. You might get lucky and be able to recover them, but I wouldn't recommend getting your hopes up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. DiRG3

DiRG3 Kapellmeister

Yeah "its just the plugins are causing issues!" is a catch-all tech support absolutely adores throwing around because it absolves them of having to actually try to troubleshoot the problem.

5. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

Are you using pigments by chance in those corrupted projects?

6. arthez

arthez Newbie

sorry. I shouldn't of used the word corrupted. I do know what you are talking about, because I did have corrupted projects in the past that weren't openable bcuz hex code was gone, but this isn't that. I meant to say that these recent projects have been pretty glitchy, like if I try to save a fl studio preset somtimes the windows menu will refuse to show it's graphics, and I had to remove a lot of plugins that had graphic errors, but the project is still usable, it's just very hard when it crashes frequently

7. BenniTheBlockbuster

BenniTheBlockbuster Producer

Dont Buy Plugins....:guru:

8. arthez

arthez Newbie

still need to buy them eventually? plus all other old project folders work with it, so I don't know

9. arthez

arthez Newbie

I am not

10. clone

clone Audiosexual

There is nothing very Graphically heavy about these two plugins you mention. I have run both of them on a Mac 5.1 with no Metal compliant GPU in it. (just meaning it is very old). I'll re-read the thread now that you have explained what you meant by "corruption" better.

Your CPU and GPU are basically the same as an Alienware Aurora. https://www.pcgamer.com/gosh-this-rx-6700-xt-gaming-pc-with-a-core-i7-and-ddr5-is-dollar750-off/. You should not have graphical problems with any plugins for audio, but certainly not the two you are; and in a computer with specs capable of gaming.

See which releases you have installed, but they are not even coded by the same developer. Where did you download them from? NO Links. Were they both released by the same Team or a known group? A bad release can do lots of strange things, but almost never will actually damage your project files.

11. Unirorm

Unirorm Producer

Please enable this on affected plugins and report back

Attached Files:

12. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

Haven't used Fl in many years (v8 or 9), but if it helps did u check GUI scaling or other similar under the settings, try to set it to default or something.
    And also post a screenshot of the issue u ll get more answers.

13. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

Though I'd try and sort out the issue on your end first (obviously,) I thought I'd mention that I had a small issue with Devious Machines concerning a license redemption, and the dev, Dom Smart, was quick to reply and helpful. This is just to say that, if you can't figure it out, Devious Machines is run by a attentive developer, not some cash-grab ass-hat, so worst come to worst, you can pester him. :yes:
    Additionally, I'll skip my sordid history with FL Studio and its notoriously flaky behaviour, and just add that I went from cracked Duck to a purchased version (same version number,) in Studio One, and have had zero issue with compatibility with projects.
    Good luck. :wink:

14. clone

clone Audiosexual

Like you say though, the DAW settings, The GPU and firmware/drivers; are the only things those two plugins should have in common. Maybe something such as a lib or Visual Whatever C,etc or .NET framework, types of issues. But why only these two plugins with display problems? Too bad it is likely Shaperbox and Infiltrator; there aren't many other plugins you might consider a good alternative for either of them.

I think if I had this going on, and I had paid for these two plugins after installing k'd versions first; I would uninstall both with Revo Uninstaller and cleanly reinstall brand new copies from the developers official websites; just to check a few more boxes. Maybe the new installation will reinstall any needed dependencies. :dunno:

15. lxfsn

lxfsn Platinum Record

VST3 + Windows + 4K monitor (requiring windows scaling) = problems

I had to revert from the latest Sonnox update because OpenGL on those plugs is completely broken. Adding a single instance made the daw move very slow and experience very high cpu usage. I f-in hate that is 2023 and we still don't have proper graphical standards on Windows. We sit on cards with 6+ GB of DDR and we can't use them to render GUIs. Unbelievable!

/rant over

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. clone

clone Audiosexual

I read this thread a little after @Unirom's post about "Make Bridged" in FL preferences: https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.php?t=214396
    but why would it only impact these 2 plugins? That would make sense if they were the only 3rd party plugins on the machine, but is that even possible on here? :rofl:

17. justsomerandomdude

justsomerandomdude Rock Star

IDK dude, maybe all programs are not the same, every plugins doesn't agree with automatic scaling. Most have a default size when opened maybe its best try to setting it to default size of the plugin.