GPU AUDIO / OPEN FOR Betatester ! ... 12.10.2022

Discussion in 'Software' started by RADAR, Oct 12, 2022.

1. RADAR

RADAR Platinum Record

The Modulation Processing bundle includes classic modulation effects processing, to give character and variation to the sound of your tracks, busses and masters.

Why GPU?
    Graphics cards have unrivaled computing power, networkability and scalability that has, until now,been a pipe dream for audio applications. However, by fulfilling the dream of unlocking the power of parallel GPU-core processing, we can finally achieve a democratized standard of audio acceleration for audio producers - from bedroom producers to major studios and live venues, without the need for expensive, walled-garden DSP hardware.

More Info @:
    https://www.gpu.audio/products/modulation-processing

• Like Like x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Just a quick info for AMD user, in order to be able use these plugins you need the pro drivers, i honestly went that way and i didn't look back, much more stable compared the the gaming drivers.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. poly

poly Platinum Record

Testing now...

5. Friendelek

Friendelek Producer

waiting for your feedback guys

6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Interesting. I'll try and test this out too. I have a pretty high end GPU, and using Reaper, which seems to be their recommended DAW for early access.

7. Haliax

Haliax Guest

GPU Audio first unveiled its patented GPU-powered platform at this year’s NAMM Show. The company released the FIR Convolver a convolution reverb entirely powered off the internal graphics card.

Founder Jonathan Rowden was able to comfortably run 64 instances of the company’s FIR Convolver. There was no added latency or glitches.

Taking the next logical step, GPU Audio has now announced the Modulation Bundle. The new release is the natural follow-up to their early access convolution reverb.

[​IMG]
    The Modulation Bundle is available to those with Windows PCs loaded with NVIDIA graphics cards however support for AMD and AAX formats is coming soon. For Mac readers, GPU are working closely with Apple to bring compatibility to the macOS platform towards the end of 2022.

The Modulation Bundle kick starts their beta-suite collection, with further instalments being added in bundles in the coming weeks including Parametric EQ and Exciter. You can see the full lineup here.

The beta suite illustrates their intent to make GPU audio processing accessible to a huge range of producers, sound designers, and musicians – alleviating the pressure and workload ordinarily placed on the CPU.

Furthermore, GPU plans to release an SDK for third-party developers allowing for the development of effects, systems and plugins. They have recently announced the first 3rd party plugin will be made in conjunction with the Spatial Audio company Mach1. You can sign up for the SDK here.

Like their early-access plugin, the Modulation Bundle will also be subject to consistent updates including new features and add-ons.

https://www.gpu.audio/products/modulation-processing

• List
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I still don't know what GPUs are supported. Haven't found either minimum Cuda version or OpenCL on their site.

9. Haliax

Haliax Guest

Long time no see Xup, I'm going to try this out on my laptop tomorrow, I'll report back how it fares on a 3070

10. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

@Xupito
    [​IMG]

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Well, when you try to register a new account, you'll find at least these info:
    Requirements: Win10, Nvidia 10XX+, AMD Radeon RX (navi 1.X) and newer graphics card, VST-compatible host application

And in deed, installation on Win7 is aborted (no prob for me, I don't use a 10XX+ either).

• List
  12. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Somewhere had to be specified, but why not before even starting to register? Do they enjoy for their site to be busier?
    Long time indeed! Waiting for your tests results
    Is it somehow become trending making memes of me? :woot::rofl:
    You f*cker. Good one :winker::lmao:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

Then you had better start shaggin' some bagels. It's de wea & the life. Hell, these bagels is my motherfucking wife.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2022
  14. Haliax

Haliax Guest

My experience was not good, very buggy and crashed Ableton 11 5 times in a row when inserting IR plugin

Windows 11 Desktop 64 GB RAM - AMD 3700x - Nvidia RTX 2070
    Windows 11 Laptop i9 32 GB RAM - i9 11900H - Nvida RTX 3070

Going to wait for a couple of updates before trying again

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List