Got something to say to Hans Zimmer? Here's your chance

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by exodus, Jun 11, 2013.

1. exodus

exodus Newbie

From Hans Zimmer's Facebook Page:
    Discussion is alive and kicking since 2 hours ago.

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Nice! Thanks for sharing exodus. :mates:

I would ask how he feels about these dreadful remakes like Man Of Steel? I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of heat for this but in my opinion the movie is a fucking joke. There is only one Superman in my mind and that will forever be Christopher Reeve a man that was the very embodiment of the hero. We traded in Christopher Reeve, Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Margot Kidder, Terence Stamp and many other brilliant actors not to mention a great script and amazing soundtrack by John Williams for Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner. It makes me sick inside and the trailer looks like all movies today...all flash and no substance. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksevcw3dGfY

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i know i was like WTF again? as i looked thru the new movies for june. its kind of lame to make reamkes from foreign countries like LOL for example. but remaking your own movies which are not even 10 years since the last remake is so lame and boring. :wow:
    And then they ask us to go in the cinema and pay for our BD's? ive done that for really original movies, but this is just laughable.

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Absolutely! It's just become so formulaic and they spend all this money on these effects but think about the original Superman, it was made in 1978 which obviously was a time when effects couldn't even come close to what they can do now but somehow they made it work. The feel of the movie itself is just so different and it really breaks my heart to see so much cookie cutter bullshit coming out. They did a decent job with the first 2 Christopher Nolan Batman remakes but I wasn't too thrilled on that last one. I just wish that we could get back to basics again in pretty much everything including movies and music. Also part of what added that certain feel to past movies was the grittiness of the available technology that forced people to find a way to compensate with atmosphere, amazing actors and great storytelling. Now technology seems to have become a crutch for us in the contemporary world. We seem to have lost something along the way. :(

6. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

I agree, however Russell Crowe is a brilliant actor. I wonder what made him want to star in this bullshit. He's a "Beautiful Mind", and "Gladiator" ffs. Oh, he's playing Supershit's father, that must be like just a few minutes scene, just like Marlon Brando did in the original, and he also must get top bucks for a few minutes in a shitty piece of film new Superman surely is. ;)

Thankfully, Europeans still make great films, otherwise I'd stop watching films. Hollywoody is completely screwed up, making films for the thought challenged, burger and pop-corn eating, carcinogenic farm rotting zombies who laugh at Adam Sandler's or what's that other cretin's name jokes. Gosh American humour is so laughable. LOL Pun absolutely intended. LOL

Laughable is also that they want us to spend money on that crap. Suing people for it, too. I say keep that crap to yourself.

[​IMG]

All the same to me. B or H.

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I loved Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind and Gladiator so I'm not trying to knock him or anything, the actors just don't fit and some of them I really don't like especially when factoring in the characters that they're supposed to be portraying. Hollywood feels that they have to update every damn thing and they're just destroying culture and some epic originals for the next generation. I've been eager to find out how much they slaughtered Evil Dead or if it might have actually been good. I doubt that they could capture the atmosphere of the original and when you factor in the ridiculously small budget that the movie operated on it's really something.

8. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Is that the guy gilded on red velvet? :rofl:

9. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Yeah, I guessed so, Catalyst. :)

I'm glad you mentioned Evil Dead remake, too. My wife saw it at the cinema and didn't like it particularly. They certainly didn't manage to capture the humorous and the sarcasm part of it, so I'm not going to bother with watching it. We're both kinda fans of the Bruce Campbell's work. OK, not exactly fans, but the man made some really charming films at his time. I consider him almost a Tarantino of his time. ;) "The Army of Darkness" is great, too. I just watched it again recently. There's a whole film on Youtube. :)

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah man I love the whole Evil Dead series and I literally grew up watching it. I'll check out the new one when a good copy (anything but CAM) becomes available in the scene but I think it's going to be a real let down. There's certain movies that people shouldn't even touch unless they're going to really add something to fan's experience of the series. To me the new Evil Dead can only serve to rob us of the good memories we have of the original.

11. uber909

uber909 Member

Don't know who that guy is... but if he has something to say to me, he can sure send me a PM *yes*