Got banned/restricted on distrokid for no reason

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by amadeok, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

exactly. but some streaming services obviously do not make a difference between "against the law", "against our rules", "we dont like it", "it is too short", "it would not survive our automatic post-mastering" but just file content "rejected" and so nobody knows what happened (or if it is even true that someone rejected it)

one should take into a account for a moment that currently about 75,000 new songs are released every day - and that an automatic online aggregator for 25 bucks per year is not the same as having a publishing contract with your label or personal manager, who gets 40% and bounds parties together for 7+ years, and that you probably agreed before to the serviceĀ“s right to cancel the contract at any time.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2024
  2. Obineg

Obineg Platinum Record

the same is indeed true for spotify as well, and as everyone knows, that is also what trading platforms and your favorite supermarket do.

if you have a working distribution channel, the next logical step is to sell more and more products there which you also already produced yourself / under your control / with fixed contractors.

they call it "democratization", but in fact it is the final monopole.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

"I like big butts anĀ“ I can not lie."
    - Franz Kafka, Metamorphasis feat Sir Mix-A-Lot

4. GoodnightKENSHIN

GoodnightKENSHIN Noisemaker

Had the same message a long time ago. I think these guys are just assholes, which is why I switched to Amuse.io. Not promoting or sponsoring it, but i haven't had any problems since then.

Editorial discretion my ass.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List