Google eavesdropping tool installed on computers without permission.

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Von_Steyr, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G String

G String Rock Star

The irony of Truthseekers pressing ignore. lol.

Ah well, it's only Nazism, nothing to worry about........

2. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

With all my "wingnut" theories, I actually haven't watched much Infowars or Alex Jones. I've been exposed to the topics he discusses mainly through researching various sources, processing the info then coming closer to a conclusion that lines up with my perceived reality.
    Points have been made that I've barely begun to process.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that as far as Von_Steyr's original topic is concerned, Alex Jones reported on something that is actually happening. Unauthorized surveillance through networked devices.

3. G String

G String Rock Star

I only have a few months left on a contract for 'net and I am not renewing. I don't see why I should pay to be spied upon, or why I should pay to read their stupid averts, pay to be fed their propaganda, pay for their BS.....they can get stuffed.

The net is a shopping mall nowadays. "What about the children? Gotta protect the children!" When it was the Wild West it was fun - and seemed kinda dangerous, or at least edgey. Now? Pffft!

Yay - the internet! Get insulted by people right across the world! Woohoo! What a load of ole shite. I'm OUT!

I just bought a biography on Thoreau with that in mind. Like our legendary wizard, Myrddin, I feel like going to live naked in a big tree. With a pig.

"It's game over, man! It's game over!"

Oh, and I have a real basic PAYG NOKIA. I don't need all this crap. I wonder why other people do......

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. G String

G String Rock Star

Britain currently has quite a loophole in its mass surveillance - VPNs.

I just saw this in the Guardian, about China strengthening its Great Internet Wall:
    Yup! Simple way around it - criminalise it.

My objection is to surveillance when there's no wrongdoing and no just cause. It's the complete abolition of privacy, and, as a (partly) wild and free animal, I simply object to it. I don't need any reason other than my humanity. Until it all gets rolled back (which I see no likelihood of happening) then I am going to have to become a conscientious objector to it all. What other choice is there?

And just imagine if law enforcement really does "go Gestapo"? Everything is going to Hell - a good time to die.

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

There's an option to opt out of the system completely and "go into the wild". Two issues with this - it's not possible on a global scale and one has to give up all the "goodies" that comes from being part of the system.

6. DoubleSharp

DoubleSharp Platinum Record

Regarding,

I don't use my phone for anything other than calls but am aware of the culture. FWIW most mobile services (ie Without WiFi or 3G) can find your position and record all your calls and messages in case they need to be divulged...

But regarding Google Ect and Audio recognition. Couldn't one protect themselves through software designed to re-route audio signals.

Something like Sound Flower running in background ?

It can't be that difficult.

Obfuscate and deceive.

7. G String

G String Rock Star

Short answer: For sure. I used to coruscate folk who felt as I now do, because it completely fails to address anything. But that's exactly it - it's a measure of my total pessimism and present inability to find any justification for doing anything other than try to achieve whatever level of escape I can. It isn't a manifesto for general consumption, I suppose.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017