Goodbye Windows 10

Discussion in 'PC' started by Zenarcist, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Ankit

Ankit Guest

same here:cheers:

2. kimikaze

kimikaze Platinum Record

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Lets the Beatles out this tale, please. :)

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

You've been lucky so far, One Reason, that's all. It is possible that W10 likes your computer configuration in particular. Not many people have been so lucky with W10 as you have. Absolutely zero problems! It's almost too hard to believe that, as we are speaking of MS latest and still beta OS, after all.

Big respect to you that you don't judge others by your experience, you just give us your opinion, and often even make everybody smile. :wink:

I wonder how many of you updated just because it's the latest MS OS, not because you need it for something that W7 or W8 can't do. There's not much W10 can do and previous OSes can't, except DX12. It still beats me why would anyone change a working OS with hundreds of 100% working audio programs and install this instead, and go through everything again, and install all the programs again... I install new OS possibly every 5 years or so. It's not necessary to update it at all if you're using it for audio and it's working 100% stably, and you keep it offline as I do.

Cheers! :headbang:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Possible I've been a bit lucky.. and yes, I have a very nice, very new machine, which i treat with the utmost care and respect, and that will go a LONG way to negating OS issues.

But really.. not a single crash, not a single lost file or folder... short of having MAYBE 2-3 apps not compatible, this has been by FAR the most stable, set it and leave it OS for me.

7 was pretty solid too, i will admit.. but 10 is Granite.

Which is great.. considering everything else in my life is a completely unstable, unmanageable, stressful..falling to pieces.... clusterfunk!
    :rofl:

Cheers! :cheers:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Ankit

Ankit Guest

Maybe I am the only one who re-installs OS in every 3-4 months.:mad: I am doing it since xp. It feels fresh. Or maybe I got too much time to waste.:hahaha:

7. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

windows 7 is a perfect os. but i must admit i havent had a single problem with 10,updates perfectly works just as good as 10. at least for me its a second perfect os.

8. priNceJ

priNceJ Member

Tried it, the built in non-deletable defender was too much of a nusance. Eating up triple digi CPU in task manager is a no-no in my book when I am working. Especially for something that I don't need. Cortana,xbox,store, weather updates.. don't need it.

9. Impressive

Impressive Guest

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Year 2025: Microsoft launches their new Windows VR 5. Most of the people are like "Myeaaaahhh. I'l stick to Windows 10 Ice. It's the best OS ever. So stable & whatnot."

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. farao

farao Rock Star

I'd rather have someone puke a little in my computer once a day than use Windows 10.

12. Vader

Vader Platinum Record

Looks that someone haves problems doing a proper Windows setup.....

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. nickveldrin

nickveldrin Member

I have also been using windows 10 for my music production rig as well as on my Surface Pro 2 and on my multimedia home theatre pc.

I may be a slightly different usecase than some, since i'm a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certified in Microsoft's Server 2012r2, and have been working in IT professionally for over 20 years, which has allowed me to build out a number of solutions in my home that large enterprises also use within their datacenters. I have multiple active directory VMs for redundancy, use WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) to provide patch management for all of my systems, have DFS to keep my presented filesystem organized across all of the different storage platforms i have running, use a centralized antivirus/firewall/malware solution, Symantec Endpoint Protection, amongst a number of other things.

Like a few others that have had positive experiences, i join that chorus as well. Windows 10 may still be somewhat of a new product, i think it's technically leaps and bounds ahead of Windows 7, and i'm very excited for what the new build will bring us in August. The adding of containers and a linux bash to the client operating system will be amazing, and the idea of squashing more bugs is super appealing.

I'm forced to use a WIndows 7 laptop for my job, mostly because my employer is not comfortable with Windows 10 yet, but they've been always testing, and a mass adoption should begin sometime later this year after the new build has had enough time to get a few patches. I'm excited for that as well!

If you have stability problems, you may want to get newer hardware with supported drivers, because the software itself is very stable. I've not experienced any problems with any of my machines.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. my last update was 2 days ago.. why i don't have these problems?
    poor boy, i wonder..

15. clem

clem Member

As I've said before I'm using it but not allowing it to see the internet. The install I made in August of 2015 was activated and then I pulled the CAT-5 and have never seen an update. Still running fine for everything I do without any updates.

I mainly do this because Win 10 is basically a virus disguised as an operating system. If you had bothered to read the EULA you would have never clicked the "I agree" button to install. It admits it will install a key logger, access your microphone and camera any time it pleases, read your emails and text messages, record what software you have installed on your machine, examine telemetry of all files you run and all this data collected will be shared with "trusted partners" tho Micro$oft refuses to divulge who those trusted partners are.

Yes you can dive deeper and check a bunch of boxes telling them not to do that but that has been proven a placebo put there to make you feel better. A fresh load, all boxes checked is sandboxed and still makes hundred of attempts to send encrypted data packets to dozens of web addresses in a matter of hours (most of which are NOT microsoft.com for all you 3rd party firewall users).

http://bgr.com/2016/02/10/windows-10-spying-investigation/

Go ahead and call me paranoid but I choose to keep my Win 10 offline and happily surf the web with Firefox running on Linux Mint. If you have a cellphone (I don't) you are already used to being tracked 24/7 anyway.

Now where did I put my tinfoil hat...........

16. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

Win1o is a fucking disgrace

17. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

once upon a time when cpus and graphics cards where weak i cared of disabling this and that and i could really notice the difference.
    today if you have a noticeable problem i find 99% of the time its a hardware problem.

its ages since been connected meant anything in performance. the 1% left is disabling the cpu energy settings in bios.

all the other millions of tips circulating are of totally marginal impact in performance (if you dont have a hardware related problem)

18. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Regarding "free" update to W10, keep this in mind, too:
    [​IMG]
    When you upgrade your hardware, you will have to buy a new W10 license. Essentially what they're doing is selling you W10 even if you update for free. You will eventually have to buy it.Not to mention a very possible monthly/yearly subscription scenario.

Really it's about time to try something other than Windows, at least on your Internet computer. There's just so many problems at all levels with Microsoft as a company that would like to sell its OS to everybody in the world. That won't work. That shouldn't work, simply because it's not a job of one company from the USA to have a control over such OS that everybody in the world uses. That's just too much power in the hands of one company from the USA! Thankfully Android is going strong, and Linux is getting stronger, people are getting used to alternatives. :wink:

And small form cheap computers like Pi are getting more powerful all the time and you can have multiple PCs in your household easily. One for this, one for that... :wink:

I've got 5 computers currently. Two laptops [one OS-X], Orange Pi, 2 desktops, one desktop for music production and the other for playing with games and hardware samplers. I have Internet on both laptops, Debian Linux and OS-X OSes on those [one is MacBook Pro], and I have Windows 7 and Windows XP for audio on my desktops, along with Debian, dual-boot on all computers. Debian Linux on Orange Pi. Nice mess, huh? I love it! I can turn everything down and watch the film or listen to music in peace and quiet with the Pi, and I can also browse with FF from it using like a couple of Watts only, not 200 or 300 what my desktops use. :headbang:

19. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Any company that develops a product used by billions has such an agreement. Any. Because it limits the liability of the company in case something goes wrong and the end-user is planning to sue. That's all. They just want to avoid bankruptcy. You should read Apple's EULA sometimes :)

True, for OEM license. Aka the licence one purchases with a laptop for instance - which you'll never upgrade anyway - not the motherboard or the cpu anyway. Retail licenses allow hardware transfer.

I use Windows only for gaming but apart for some minor HiDPI scaling issues (which are normal as now the OS makes the transition to 2x screens) the OS runs just fine, and I run it on a bloody MacBook Pro.

20. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@Zenarcist i know every relationship is hard especially when it ends,i know you probably got drunk and sang this song below.
    May your heart heal fast:hifive:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016