Goodbye Logic. Hello Reaper or Studio One.

Discussion in 'DAW' started by returnal, Feb 20, 2017.

1. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Yeah, that's when you find out at the end of the session that all that got recorded all night was all the BS that happened in-between the songs.
    . . . "oh, you mean it's recording when it's bright red?!?"

2. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Maybe I don't get the real issue, but something like in the picture can be done in Reaper. There's a JS fx, called JS: Uitlity/Volume. You can place it wherever you want in the fx chain. Of course, you'd then have to ignore the fader on the track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Yeah, that's exactly the sort of workaround I've been using for years, it's just a hassle that you can't use the fader that's right in front of you, but rather have to keep a bunch of Volume plugins visible, or open one each time you want to change your level.

4. returnal

returnal Rock Star

I've started investigating some theme options, and I'm now finding it hilarious that one of my big concerns with Reaper was its looks.
    Clearly my initial statement "of how freakin' ugly it is", was one of my more ignorant assumptions.

5. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

But it still ugly, whatever theme you have. Just make couple projects in S1 and Criper and you'll see.

6. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

to be honest in my case.. I don't care much about the daw anymore.. logic, cubase, fruityloops, sony vegas.. etc..
    but I do care about the system mac os in my case is better.. simpler.. 1 thingg i love aobout logic and everytime I switch top other daw I get back again to logic.. is how simple it is.. but anyways.. the best DAW and system is your own Brain and Ears.
    and a lot of work. it's all about the notes.. etc.. not the hardware or software you use.

7. Willum

Willum Rock Star

Can S1 do track templates yet?

8. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Yes.

can anyone tell me is it possible in current version of logic to create "summing stack" for "summing stacks".
    Lets say i have "summing stack" for drums, synths, vocals. Is it possible to group all this "summing stacks" into another "master" summing stack?

9. sham69

sham69 Ultrasonic

Correct me if I'm wrong,

but SWS extensions won't be updated anymore because their developper just stopped there, noneless it's still working for now with Reaper and probably will be for many more years but just a reminder to make it clear.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  10. LALALA

LALALA Kapellmeister

How/Where? As I know S1 don't have track template (but I think it's just matter of time).

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  11. TW

TW Guest

Virtual instruments, yes (minus FX sends, but you can set up FX sends in parallel routing). Audio tracks, no.

... thats what i know about track templates in S1. But i am not an expert...

12. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. fritzm

fritzm Producer

I wasn't, trying to be an ass. You do not know my credentials. I worked for apple as a tech for 5 years and I am Logic certified. I did not say you were a noob. I did not say your experiences were invalid. I make user errors everyday of my life. I am human. I view several logic related forums everyday to learn new things, I have never seen some of the issues you describe. That does not mean they don't exist for you. But after reading your posts, I can see some that some of your errors are do to possible maintenance problems or possible component problems.
    And, I was not referring to you as my friend, I was quoting. I don't know you. Most of the Logic bashing on this site is unfounded because people are not happy with Apple. After all, it is just a freaking tool. Please don't be thin skinned about something so trivial. If I seemed arrogant, I apologize. And, I deleted my post. And after re-reading my post, you are right as I should have said "possible user error." Again, I apologize.
    Sincerely, Fritz

14. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Fair enough Fritz. I've deleted my post as well. Sorry I overreacted- my apologies.

15. fritzm

fritzm Producer

Awesome, can we be friends now?

16. returnal

returnal Rock Star

:cheers:

17. returnal

returnal Rock Star

Yeah, I'm quite excited about this Imperial theme. I have a three-monitor setup in my studio (all greater than 1080p), so this kind of attention to detail is perfect for me.

18. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

I donno, man. I'm still mixing on my CRT monitor from 2003. I must be a self-destructive person.

19. returnal

returnal Rock Star

This is indeed the sense I've been getting from what little investigating I've done. It's quite wonderful that it's free and open source, but if it's something that isn't going to be maintained/updated moving forward I'm reluctant to become too reliant on its features now.

That said, I get the sense from my limited experience with the Reaper community that if indeed it does start to break and need repair someone(s) will step in and get the job done - but such actions shouldn't be assumed or taken for granted.

20. returnal

returnal Rock Star

With that Imperial theme?