Good Song

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by GoldenEar, Sep 13, 2017.

1. grabme

grabme Kapellmeister

Animals as Leaders are def pushing new musical boundaries. I also think EDM has had its day within the next few yrs, its getting very stale.

2. Utada Hikaru

Utada Hikaru Producer

The next big thing in music is this:

Although maybe we will have to wait a lot until it gets well established.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

ws.jpg

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

it is not that, it seems like the way music is going is not one new thing or big thing but , all kinds of genres all the time, music presented in all different ways and varieties of music from different times in history and different parts of the world presented to us through our tech. honestly i like that better, i listen to probably 25 types of music from all over the world everyday from the entire history , it is very refreshing from when i was a kid and had 30 tapes (before cd) of mostly identical music. nowadays i listen to a song from 1920's next min a song from cuba recent times and next a metal song from 1997. the variety is especially good if you create music because it gives ton of ideas of mixing things together beats grooves sounds tones.I listen to the underground in different countries, then the billboard hot 100, then ancient African , then 1950's bebop and swing, then mozart all before lunch.

5. Rolma

Rolma Guest

Yep your experience sounds as somewhat Christmas every day. But this fact even if it might pose an advantage for students, creators or sectors of an alleged insatiable public, it is due to the reduction of music as an information phenomenon, as it could be any other information script you could think of from image to code.

In the case of music, I think its conspicuous presence has helped to reinforce experiences and messages in manners that music is destroyed, yep is there but it can’t be appreciated.
    Furthermore, when music stands for what is it, the fact that it is available so unrestrictedly has created an inflationary universe.

Problem is how prepared are we to live this clutter, when still there is an ongoing sense of art, high art etc. seen as redemption, eye opening experience, or leading element etc.
    Sometimes I have the sensation that the industry and public think that is good to organize products in a discrete manner, therefore the need to create comprehensible an appeling labels for things.

Personally, I feel good about the clutter, since I see an opportunity for my self expression, without needing to care so much about cannons or transcendentalisms.

• List
  6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

The future of music is quality song writing. The future is this forum and its members.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. metaller

metaller Audiosexual

Extremely great music. thanks for videos. Although about harsh vocals I'm a little frustrated. If the djent guitars and drums replace the black metal blasting riffs; and harsh vocals don't exceed the LOG Randy Blyth style, then the overall metal music will be better in the future.
    I'm strongly against extreme blast riffs usage because the guitarist and drummers are getting like robots that just keep playing 16th notes without any syncopation.
    Also, I believe the clean vocals shouldn't be completely forgotten. The mixed usage is much more enjoyable.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  8. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Certainly agree with the first part moosh :wink:

Trouble is that the majority think quality songwritting is boy sees girl, boy and girl hook up, both bonk each others brains out, boy takes a fancy to girls sister, then finds out that girls sister was once a guy called Freddy, guy get confused, guy gets into S&M.........drugs..........and postin' drivel on music forums, then writes a song about his experence..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

You give them too much credit, all they need these days is some ass, buy the radio and tv stations and call it a day.
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

..........what , you don't like ass anymore?

11. Rolma

Rolma Guest

The ass thing is overdone! I can’t help but thinking about trained cute chimps stepping forward and backward, which it’s kind of good too, specially in bedrooms!

I always thought that music expresses the aspirations of a given social system. Sex is entertaining because it has become a recent public affordance brought by media, efficient attracting attention, while filling space with content that anybody can cling on.

12. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Ass is so yesterday, its all about micro thongs these days.
    [​IMG]

13. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

@Utada Hikaru = it's a song shining?
    already mentioned polychromatic but.
    I wish I could hear music like Rick Beato's kid. WTF He can sing in between F and F#......
    I love how he described this music.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2017
  14. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

The only next big thing in this world is the apocalypse.

15. Bunty_19

Bunty_19 Member

It could back to basics with the new would be sound design (bloody keeps evolving everyday)

16. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Do they have a Youtube channel? or Soundcloud?

17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

18. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

Finding artists that can one take an entire song?

I lied, it's two takes

19. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

No, but they have a country somewhere in the west.

20. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

The West Bank ?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2017
    • List