Good radio podcast software???

Discussion in 'PC' started by pilz971, May 28, 2015.

1. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Hi all.

I have a friend who hosts a podcast radio show and currently uses Voicemeeter Banana ( http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/banana.htm ).

Whilst he likes this software he finds it crashed quite regularly and is worried it may happen during a live broadcast. He also pre-records a lot of stuff so something that would work well for both would be ideal.

Any suggestions for an alternative? Windows 64bit is the machine in use. I admit I am totally in the dark regards broadcast software.

Thanks. :mates:

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I believe SAM broadcaster is quite popular...

4. geraldthegenius

geraldthegenius Noisemaker

For straight up advanced streaming i would also recommend Sam Broadcaster. For more simple broadcasting via icecast/shoutcast I recommend altcast or Nicecast. You can also broadcast with foobar2000 via its altcast plugin. You can cast from your IOS device with Papaya Broadcaster. Tons of ways to broadcast with ease.

Now if he us looking to play music and chat (or maybe podcast with a soundboard/fx) I suggest RadioDJ and its altcast plugin. But he will need mysql ti run it properly. It is by far the smoothest dj streaming software i have ever owned.

and ftw. If he or anyone else is looking to startup a online radio station I woukd suggest the same. There are tons of free icecast/shoutcast hosters available and most of them provide a free homepage with media players, autodj, and whatnot.

If anyone else is interested in starting their own or just learning about it. Hmu and I can make a post about it

5. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Really appreciate your responses Fraifikmushi and Geraldthegenius. :thumbsup:

I`ll pass on the suggestions and will let you both know how he gets on.

Pretty sure a post about how to set up web radio would go down well Geraldthegenius.

Thanks again fella`s, be blessed. :mates:

6. Nikos Laos

Nikos Laos Newbie

Adobe audition with a podcast preset!