Good old uplifting house

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by fuad, Jul 21, 2015.

1. fuad

fuad Producer

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted any of my own tracks up for review but would love some feedback on this one. It's some good old fashioned uplifting house music and kind of emotional. I feel like the section after the break could use some work so any opinions are welcome. :bow:

3. ned944

ned944 Moderator Staff Member

Nice, Uplifting!

4. fuad

fuad Producer

Thanks man!

5. Zeus

Zeus Moderator

Not my cup of tea but sounds really well produced and mixed. Sure is very usable for the dance-floor.
    Thanks for sharing

6. fuad

fuad Producer

Much appreciated my man

7. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Hey Fuad, hope you are good Brother.

To the track. TBH, for me it sounds VERY unfinished. It is very "empty". For this style you need to inject a LOT more FX, booms, huge verb rises, risers and drops, etc, etc. The melody is cool but it stays far too stagnant. The drums also seem to be missing that "hidden" hook if you get my meaning.

You, with your talent should easily be able to turn this into something REALLY special. Go listen to a few of the tracks "doing it" at the mo in this style and you`ll get exactly where I`m coming from.

8. colejack

colejack Member

not what i was thinking when thinking of "ol house"
    i would suggest putting the vocal back in throughout the second half. after the drop it comes in with that great bass and all is well so keep that just add the vocal for the second part (around 3:30 part)
    as far as the mix I'm listening on an iMac so take it as you will the snare/clap sounded very dark i would brighten that up (all the synths sound great its just the drums don't have that sheen) and the vocal sounds like its filtered down i would like it to sit on top a bit more with some more clarity (but you are working with what you are working with so you may not be able to).

9. Zealious

Zealious Kapellmeister

Sounds nice. Good work. As for ideas that you are requesting, mixing wise it sounds like you may want to go through some presets or stack some more sounds playing the same key as the bass in a way that it actually sounds just like it is now, but that there is some filter opening up on the bass section at the end.

Anyhow, sounds nice.

Edit: not knowing your bass sound source at the moment, it could actually already be the sound you are looking for, if you bring the filter up on that one. Anyways, inspiring.

10. Lyqnn

Lyqnn Newbie

Yo hey, i'll give you my feedback because i se that you're track is worth the time...

Quality & Mixing 9/10

Overall Idea and produtction 6/10

as i see that the track is pretty basic, nothing special or makes wanna hear more, there is no a surprising element that makes me interested.

maybe try to add some other lead, add more FXs, try to make it more complex and easy to remember.

i would love to try to remix this for fun :) mp me the stuff if you're interested...

11. fuad

fuad Producer

Thanks for the awesome feedback brothers! To be honest I finished this track in about a week and absolutely agree that it could use some more excitement.

I purposely mixed it rather dark because I wanted the warmth to be prominent and I wasn't really going for that sheen. Do agree about the drum "hook" though, very good point.

I probably will at some point go through this track again and give it a facelift. Thanks again guys much love to all of you.

12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

As I've said in another thread... I'm on laptop speakers right now so I can't comment on the mix, but I don't especially agree that it sounds 'empty'. I think there's something to be said for the ability to transition without overuse of the obvious dance music tropes like the ever-faster drums trick (I'm sure it has a name but dance music isn't my area of expertise)

I like the melodies a lot. and that's about all I can hear on these speakers :lmao:

13. eskimoz

eskimoz Member

very good... nice job dude!! i leave the house music way back in the 90's.. but time to time i go listem to clubs to remind the old days... i can say, if that matters, it needs a bit more extase, pasion.. you know.. keep it up!!

14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

i don't know jack sqiddly about trance... but if you were going for a warm simple sound.. I'm feelin' it... frankly this is right up the alley for someone who doesn't already like the genre, doesn't grate on my ears like a lot of electronic ..

maybe you a hit a new genre... chill house?

yeah you could polish here, add a few things there, but I'm already considering
    to have these on my box when I visit my next tropical paradise beach
    with a smooth brown asian babe...in a dayglo hot pink bikini... gaaa see what ya did ?

flights of fancy... nice stuff .. see ya in ko samui :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2015