Good Microphone that can replace the Electro Voice RE20 or Shure SM7b

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Mixtic, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Mixtic

Mixtic Guest

Hello,

So I am looking to buy a new microphone mainly to record voice overs, and vocals that could supplement for something like the EV re20 or the Shure SM7b with the same audio quality for a cheaper price. I would need something that is similar to their setup, because all that I have is a steinberg URmkII interface...and I do not really have the budget or the patience to configure a nice pre-amp. If someone could suggest something for my needs it would mean a lot. Thank you.

3. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

KAM Spectrum

Heil PR30 or PR40

Advanced Audio - DM20

* Adding a CLOUDLIFTER or a FETHEAD in between you mic and preamp connection will give you extra gain to amplify these mics if your preamp isn't driving them adequately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. rhythmatist

rhythmatist Audiosexual

I love my Heil. They have fat diaphragms and coils, which give mics a richer low mid. That's part of the reason the two mics you mention sound the way they do. Nice for male voice work. I can vouch for CLOUDLIFTER. Have one. next best thing to a nice pre-amp. It runs on phantom power.