Good For Nothing (Samplitude Pro X3 + Predator 2 + VacuumPro)

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Recoil, May 6, 2018.

1. Recoil

Recoil Guest

I used only the Independence sampler, the Predator 2 synthesizer, and VacuumPro, have nice listening.

3. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

@Recoil thank you for sharing !:wink:
    Yes i like it very much :bow: i like the bass, the main theme (melody),love what is happening with the drums after 1:05 & bass.
    The breakdown at 2:41 is excellent & the chords remind me of deep house themes in a very, very good way.
    Then bass kicks in with the kick & its awesome :bow:
    I found the orchestral effects in the middle a little too loud in the mix, but that is a small detail.

4. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@Spyfxmk2 I used House kick :invision: it's my secret, now for the next 10 songs I will use this kick :drunks:
    Thank you for listening and feedback :mates:

5. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

btw i still use predator :rofl:
    is it worth it to upgrade to predator 2 :dunno:

[​IMG]

6. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Yes, Predator 2 is 64 bit if I am not mistaken Predator 1 was 32 bit only, but I can be wrong. :shalom:

7. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

Back to more 'Wilderesque' sounds - like it :wink:

8. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

@Recoil ... This is kickass! Love every bit of it... Have to agree with @Spyfxmk2 on the level of those stabs... Also agree with him that this is just a small detail...

Great work man! :like::like::like::)

9. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@au38wzh Thank you for listening and feedback :bow:

@Kinghtsurfer Thank you, I did not plan anything here, everything is a coincidence :bow:

10. gipa1727

gipa1727 Ultrasonic

that daw you use to compose and what drumkit you use for the drums or use some vst ... x that the truth is very good, listen to your work on soundcloud and they are very good ... thank..:like::like:

11. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Pretty cool sounds, love it.

Predator was a 64bit VSTi, you can run them side by side BTW. Predator II added the ability to add custom wave forms by drawing them in, wave form morphing between two waves per OSC, an XY pad and XY automation mode, the ability to play through a wave set (not quite a wave-table synthesizer but approaching that kind of functionality) some new or updated distortion modules. The end filter now is more complete and can have modulation sources and envelopes and a 3rd simple HPF was added. There are two more ENV and two more LFO.

I am sure I am forgetting some stuff, but it's a bit different that Predator One. Is it worth the $50 to upgrade, I thought it was because I am familiar with the interface and I happen to rather like the synthesizer. It does have some expanded capabilities that can make for some interesting sound options, it isn't Serum or Zebra yet but there is a growing sound design element in Predator if that is worth the dosh or not really depends in if you find the new features interesting and don't have something that covers the same sonic capabilities (which from the screen shot - it seems like you do.)

12. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@Spyfxmk2 you were right, the orchestral part was about 2dB too loud, thank you for constructive hint :mates:

@gipa1727 I use Samplitude Pro X3 and built-in Independence sampler, and other instruments.
    If you want this drums, I give the link below, I did it myself :disco:

https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/QbKBZHGd/file.html

And this is how this project looks like :mad:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@mozee thank you, but I still do not know if this song sounds good on other devices and whether EQ of the track is correct :bow:
    I spent 48 hours on this track, because there is a small baby at home, so I had only 6 hours for mastering, and I can not play loud in these spartan conditions. :beg:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

how nice ^ :wink::winker::bow:

:wink::winker: :keys:
    This is Sparta !!! :cheers:

15. nikon

nikon Platinum Record

Very good tune my man.

16. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@Spyfxmk2, @nikon thanks for listening and feedback :bow: hard times have come for me :mates:

17. Another awesome track.

18. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

GO with the flow,make any situation you find yourself in, your friend first :bow:,
    then...use your intelligence & your heart's wisdom to do your best to solve the situation :bow:
    Follow your intuition & not the thoughts of your mind :bow:
    Also ignore the idiots from your life if any :bow:

^ i do all this & it works all the time :bow:
    That & having a healthy sex life

Take care

spyfx :bow:

19. Recoil

Recoil Guest

@Spyfxmk2 I see that only you understand the situation, I will not complain, it is as it is and I will not change anything myself,
    thank you for your reply :mates:on the sidelines, the world is sick :thanks: :shalom: