Good Electric modern Pianos

Discussion in 'Software News' started by aputia, Aug 9, 2013.

1. aputia

aputia Newbie

Hi, I'm searching for good Electric Pianos (vst or library). I do not mean the classic ones (rhodes & co.), but modern ones, just like the ones I can find on korg or roland keybs or on Nord stage (fully chorused and very warm sound).

Anyone can suggest anything?

Tx

3. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Aputia,

Simply some suggestions :

- Korg M3 Acoustic & Electric Pianos For KONTAKT 4

- Neo-Soul Keys Electric Piano VST Library for Kontakt

_________________________________________​

Several other Libraries exist, but as is the case with the following : 'KORG Triton Extreme Sound Library KONTAKT', you'll need to download full libraries to find, in most of the cases, only a few 'Electric Pianos' presets/patches/sounds.

Among these 'Full Libraries', you can also have a look at the following ones :

- E-MU Proteus Pack (mainly the 'Proteus 2000' Library : Multi-Purpose Professional Sounds)

- E-MU Vintage X Pro Collection Vol.3 Synthesizers (Volume 3 --> Classic Keyboard Sound Library)

- Digital Sound Factory E-MU Vintage Pro Reason Refill (Maybe you can also find it in other formats as well ? :dunno: )

- A developer named 'Nicebytes' or 'Nicebeats' (in fact, it seems that's the same developer) has published in the past a HUGE collection of Libraries, each one related to a specific synth model (e.g. 'KORG O1/W', 'Kawai K-5000', 'NordLead 2',... ).

P.S: If you 'Google' for these Libraries, maybe you can still find some valid Links (if you know what I mean !). :wink:

____________________________________________​

You can also find lots of 'Electric Pianos' replicas in form of 'VSTi' Instruments (several are available for FREE !), then you can afterward add some 'chorused and warm sound' to them thanks to the addition of 'third-parties' VST Plugins.
    Maybe this can help you to reach the desired : "fully chorused and very warm sound", that you're looking for... *yes* :wink:

4. iswingwood

iswingwood Kapellmeister

LOUNGE LIZARD HANDS DOWN! These are the two best demos I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnqARzA3gv4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zthCZdzqn58

5. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

Well, in the hands of Thiago Pinheiro the LL4 sounds good but the overall sound quality makes me puke (no offense). But I think it can be considered the best suggestion to what aputia requested that is a pre-made modern patch to stick in a project.
    I'm more keen to good dry samples from which starting to build a particular sound for each project but you said no Rhodes or other EPs so I am useless. :dunno:

6. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

May I suggest 4Front R & E pianos? http://www.yohng.com/software.html

They're free, and I use them semi-often.

Err, nevermind, you're not looking for older/rhode stuff

7. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Launge Lizard, Korg M1, NI FM7 or DX7. FM electric pianos sound great IMO. ;)

8. aputia

aputia Newbie

Yes, I mean electric pianos like GLASSY PIANO (from DX7, even if it is rather old) or the ones you can find on MOTIF XS (but in the section KEYBOARDS).
    If you can see this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS0BcxDxw5w) at the time 11.50 and 13.15 and 10.10, you can have some examples

I prefer vsti rather than a sampled library. I have FM8 (from Native Instruments), but it has old sound, obviously.

Thanks