Good Cytomic The Glue alternative

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by MrRobRancor, Dec 23, 2015.

1. MrRobRancor

MrRobRancor Ultrasonic

Hey guys, I like using the glue on my master buss and for parallel processing as well, but I cant find a working aax version. you know of any good alternatives? thanks guys

3. DanielFaraday

DanielFaraday Platinum Record

Cytomic emulates SSL Bus compressor. Waves, SSL native, Solid Bus (Native Instruments).

4. ANdr3s

ANdr3s Member

This are vca compressors, plugin alliance vertigo, waves api 2500, slate digital buss compressor, waves v comp

5. GuestStar

GuestStar Ultrasonic

Best Answer
    transvst or bluecat patchwork plugin is a good alternative to transfer your vst to aax when you can't find en aax version. So you can stay with glue so no additional stress.

6. Warry12

Warry12 Member

The recently released slate digital buss compressor.

I have doubts anything can come close to it.

7. davea

davea Platinum Record

8. MrRobRancor

MrRobRancor Ultrasonic

great guys thanks a lot im gonna check out some demos during my vacation. hope you guys had a great holiday

9. Friggy

Friggy Guest

Was gonna suggest MJUC as well. Ive been getting annoyed by the characteristics of The Glue lately and just throwing MJUC in its place, and loving the sound of it. Its actually the first plugin compressor that ill use without the needle moving, and just the tone of it sound awesome.

10. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

I didn't get on with the compression in MJUC.it always seem to do something i'm not particularly fond of with the transients.like you i mainly use it as a non-linear device,by setting the attack at its longest and release at its quickest so there's little to no gain reduction going on and hitting/juggling the inputs and outputs.Mode 2 sounds particularly good on acoustic drums,Mode 3 for electronic shizz,not had much use for Mode 1

In terms of a pure SSL Buss Compressor replacement i've always rated the IK Multimeda version over the Glue.something people may not know about the Glue though is you can also use this as a non-linear device,if you set the range to zero and hit it with an INSANE amount of gain

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  11. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

u-he Presswerk

12. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

easiest way i think as you dont a´have to invest to much time, just fire up patchwork or transvst and keep your workflow.

if thats not working go for the other aax based plugins mentioned here.

why do you move to protools? you are not comfortable with the daw you used before?
    i saw no point in switching as PT came out and wont even switch if bitwig or cubase 8 would come out.