Good "all in one" pack for sound design in games (sounds, not music)

Discussion in 'Software' started by VinylScra, May 22, 2016.

1. VinylScra

VinylScra Member

hi, i was wondering if you guys have experience with some sound/foley libraries.

i need something containing all kinds of sounds, preferably a complete package that sounds nice and doesn't miss much stuff that would require to purchase additional sound libraries.

however, i don't need hundreds of footstep sounds or thousands of gunshots, just a few sounds but covering a wide range of use.

what libraries would you recommend buying?

3. SyNtH.

SyNtH. Platinum Record

Freesound is your best bet, but youll have to end up compiling a folder of your own.

4. VinylScra

VinylScra Member

5. webhead

webhead Audiosexual

6. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I am a sound designer for a green-lit upcoming indie game.
    Best bet is to actually record and/or sound design everything yourself, if you are good at it and have sufficient equipment. I've also occasionally used Freesound as source and as said above, the quality can definitely vary alot. But usually you can tweak it in ways so that it fits. Just make sure you respect the copyright and royalty agreement (they are all different).

There are libraries out there, but I haven't really found a good all-in-one goto lib that would fit all my needs. Also, making your own is so much more fun and rewarding, even if it takes some work.

Edit: To mention a few that companies that I really like: BOOM library, Bluezone and Hiss And a Roar.

7. VinylScra

VinylScra Member

this looks very promising, thanx very much, ill give it a try.

@Baxter i know recording the stuff can be very fun, i did record a short 3d animation entirely once. took me one day per minute :) it was fun, but now i'm more concerned about time. as i do mostly music and only sometimes need to quickly make some sounds (and don't have the equipment or space at the office).