going legit with Arturia, installation not working

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by strandedincanton, Nov 29, 2022.

1. strandedincanton

strandedincanton Newbie

I decided to buy Arturia V Collection, FX collection and Pigments on the Black Friday sale to upgrade my old install. The installation in Arturia Software Center isn't working (it goes through the motion then gets stuck and says download paused). I'm wondering if it has something to do with the patching I once did in Terminal. Unfortunately, I don't remember which version I installed or have any of that info from a couple of years ago. I have been going back and forth with Arturia and nothing's working yet. Any ideas?

3. def12

def12 Kapellmeister

Did you delete all your files from HD/library/arturia and/or user/library/application support and all preference-files in library/preferences if there are any arturia-related files?
    Did you block any arturia-IP via hostfiles or firewall? (Check in terminal with "sudo nano /etc/hosts")

4. strandedincanton

strandedincanton Newbie

Yes, I have deleted everything I can find, and when I do the terminal command, nothing Arturia related shows up.

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

I do not think it is hostfile related because you can open their website and buy things.

You probably have it blocked in your firewall ruleset at the application level. Make a rule for each Arturia plugin or Application so they are allowed access to the internet. Your firewall should complain about an existing rule blocking things, or let you create new ones.

Make sure you look in your Applications folder for any Arturia software you need to unblock.

ensure the version you are using is compatible with your current MacOS Version.

I'd wipe the entire drive and reinstall macOS. something to that effect if I had to. Especially Arturia, people often mention how many image files and other things it can leave around. It's going to take up a lot of space to install everything from them. I'd probably lean towards starting fresh anyway.

you mention you are "going legit", but you will still have any number of associated files from before your purchase of these.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022