going legit with adobe, legit adobe CC installation tips needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Moleman, May 5, 2024.

1. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

due to my new business with digital imagery generating first (but small) income, i have no other choices than go legit with adobe creative cloud and Photoshop.

So, be it.. I have just purchased the first month with adobe creative cloud and photoshop.

Before installing my very first legit version of photoshop through the adobe creative cloud, what should i do in order to clean up my dirty windows and properly get rid of my cracked version of photoshop cc 2023 i have been using before?

first, i have uninstalled it completely, second i have checked the "hosts" files and have allowed the following:

#127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
    #127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com
    #127.0.0.1 na1r.services.adobe.com
    #127.0.0.1 hlrcv.stage.adobe.com
    #127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
    #127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

is there anyting should install/uninstall/remove?

ive heard there is some kind of adobe cleaning/remover app tool? should i get it?

any recommendations are appreciated, thanks

TIA

3. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

since adobe put it claws deep into an OS with even scene released installs, if you REALLY want to be certain every thing is kosher would be to completely rebuild the OS and start @ ground zero.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

Nah, you're good to go. Just install the crap and call it a day. You've already cleaned the host file. Just check that you don't have any firewall rule that afects adobe running. And if by some chance you don't have access to their services (specially Indesing's publish online, or the sensei diffuser on Photoshop) the only thing I've found that really works (because this is an internmitent problem on their side) is to deactivate the firewall entirely which sucks hard but I didn't found any other solution.

So if you find another to this recurrent bug, please share it here XD