Going from Win7 to Win10, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by not sure, Jan 7, 2016.

1. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

NP my friend. happy it is useful to someone

Deployment Image Servicing and Management is commandline. if you are interested there is DISM GUI, and GDism ELDI, maybe more but those are two that i have read about over time from different sources.

I dont want what i say about ntlite to look like i hate it. i really hope it succeed and become as powerful as nlite.

2. sgiggity

sgiggity Ultrasonic

3. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

It is from Friday, 24 July 2015 and they use their own lite version

, which take into account some proprietary tweaks and optimizations for Windows for pro audio production,

they do not say if they use special version of 7 or 8 or test. it is test for wdm, someone here use this over asio? then look at ram in picture it is not same ram for all machine, then look at hard drive they are not the same for all machine

if i build system and i can not buy 7 from ms anymore, i will tell you 10 is the best ever or go out of business

but this is proof that proper lite version is best :)

4. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

From PCAudioLabs article:
    "The goal of these tests are to determine if the Windows WDM audio engine has reduced latency in each iteration of Windows when used in a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW)."

WTF is that? I call bollocks! I don't use WDM in either DAW or audio editors. Media players use WDM. WDM doesn't matter *at all* for pro audio. Maybe only to the very rare people who don't use ASIO driver for audio. I wouldn't trust a biased source like that no matter their credentials. Everyone has a price and MS has the money.

The only source you can trust is your own tests. I trust mine. :wink: You do your own if you don't trust mine and I actually encourage that because different PCs work differently and the results could vary from PC to PC.

edit: I actually remember this shitty MS sponsored article from some thread on AS a few months ago. MS is fighting with everything they've got to install W10 on as many PCs as they can, no matter what. How about all those "updates" for 7 and 8 that push you into installing W10? What a bunch of halfwits, to put it mildly. :sad:

They count on people not doing any tests themselves! It is not that easy to set it all up.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  5. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

It is a very cunningly written article. They actually don't lie much straight into your face but use all kinds of tricks to portray 7 as really bad, 8 as negligibly better than 7, and 10 superior. Shame there is no comments section... cause I'd like to tell them a few things.