Go-to drum library?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Shura33, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Shura33

Shura33 Noisemaker

Hey, I m new here. And had a really good time learning so far with all the possibilities.
    Since i read many useful advices on here, I m curious what might be your go-to drum libraries.

3. joem

joem Producer

my own that ive made over the years or i grab what i need off splice

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Soniccouture

5. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

i'm ease with abbey road drummer series.. but that's because my mix suxs and its the best i find sounds close to commercial reference song.. evil drummers still unbeatable.. tried it over dlc rock band track and it just blends..

6. tylerv

tylerv Platinum Record

obviously depends on what kind of track but i really like the modern and massive pack from GGD for anything kind of heavy or modern rock/metal/prog. i also have legit superior drummer 3 and i can usually find something pretty close to pretty much anything i need just in the stock factory library.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. odod

odod Rock Star

i think it's depending on what kind of track or music that you're about to make, i uses AD2, SSD2, UNIFY, some kontakt libraries and others, and yeah i have my personal loops too btw just to keep my workflow easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. cexcean

cexcean Producer

9. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

Usually are the ones from artists who I'm influenced by who have put out sample packs.

10. PrettyPurdie

PrettyPurdie Guest

BWB Drums , DrumsThatKnock , ProducersChoice Urban Heat, Cymatic , IQ Samples, and most importantly, that 9th Wonder Drumkit thats been floatin around for about 10 yrs now (no joke)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. clone

clone Audiosexual

Many of the above mentioned, lately it has been the Drumbrute Impact with various layered drum breaks dragged into a new DMD instance in Logic. Some of the included drum hits in UVI Drum Replacer are quite good for layering (nice and clean, and easy to work with). Another is called Paul's Boom which was posted for free on GS in a thead where he was selling a breaks pack, that your thread just reminded me I forgot to buy ! :)

I used to use Vengeance Clubsounds and Analog Drums often, also. Many hits are quite well suited for layering.

12. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

i can help but ...
    i need to know what style you are looking for ?
    80s drums ?
    trance drums ?
    rock drums ?

there are so many free loops /samples on sister site that you can edit properly to your projects

sometimes vst plugins comes with their own drums taken from old yamaha/roland keyboards and they are really good
    some of us use sometimes the drum kits in sample packs (free and paid ones)
    and mix it to create new drums (kick and snare mostly )
    not to mentions vsts with expansions like elastik (i would recommend this one if are looking for the ultimate drums for all kind of music

and dont worry about not perfecting mixing drums if you are making trap songs and hiphop beats
    they dont call themselfs musicians ,,,they are BEATMAKERS

so are you a beat maker or a musician ?

either way good luck finding good drums to your music

13. Shura33

Shura33 Noisemaker

Appreciating all the insights so far. Doing my own over time might be only true answer. I m doing many kinds of electronic music inspired from dub, jazz, hip hop and techno. So I'm looking for crazy organic stuff but also total clean over processed sounds. Just a little bit annoyed by the fact I jump from source to source. Will checkout everything on here over time since I'm very drum driven. Thank you :)

14. Jim Von Gucci

Jim Von Gucci Producer

Flume and Mura Masa used samples from Samplephonics packs if that helps.

• List
  15. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Drumbroker.com

16. Shura33

Shura33 Noisemaker

Checked out every bit and great tip on here so far, slightly. Actually hoped to narrow my perspective but It got even wider.:woot: I will definitely use more Kontakt libraries and will look for some vsts.

The "beatmakers" around me already call me crazy because I spend so much time on the process and trying to get a individual good sounding mix. But that's also being creative.
    I thought Native Instruments had some good fitting libraries but those sounds are too processed.

Looking forward to see what these generous and wise people write on here. :)

17. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

XLN Addictive Drums for acoustic stuff and well these for EDM drums vengeance, Myloops, Freshly Squeezed Samples various packs and some classics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Howard Carpendale

Howard Carpendale Platinum Record

all the samples from mars lib

19. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Not a library as such but very often I start with Drumlab and/or Microtonic and then sample the individual sounds for further tweaking. Also for downtempo stuff I've found Maschine's libraries to be very handy, check out "Faded Reels" for instance.

There was a thread recently about drum plugins, https://audiosex.pro/threads/best-drum-plugin-for-electronic-music.57418/ which might be helpful.

20. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

As others have said, please state your genre first otherwise we could be here all day!

21. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Acoustic: XLN Addictive, electronic: Mostly diy drums from VCV rack and whatever synth I feel like raping.
    Ableton and Chromaphone are great drum designers too, something between acoustic and electronic.

Oh and recently I've tried sugar bytes drumcomputer, that's a really really fun one as well!