Global pitch problem with Ableton Suite 8

Discussion in 'Live' started by Dyablox, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Dyablox

Dyablox Newbie

Hey guys.
    So I´ve been using my Traktor S4 controller as an audio interface when I want to produce with my speakers and I´ve never had any issues with it, but just today, as I decided to use my speakers, I changed my output settings and bam, when I hit the play button the tempo and pitch of the song went completely nuts, even though my global bpm was still the same.
    Any idea on how to fix this?
    Thanks in advance.

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

This may have something to do with sample rate changes? I'm guessing.

4. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

roughly a half-tone down? yeah?
    I used to use a Denon MC6000 controller, it was fixed to 48kHz rate. if somehow you still tried to use it 44.1, it showed such problem.

5. Dyablox

Dyablox Newbie

I´ve always had it at 44.1 and never had a problem, but I decided to switch it to 48kHz and still had the issue, but then I went back to 44.1 and just like magic, Problem resolved.
    Thanks a lot guys!

6. Pm5

Pm5 Ultrasonic

not an uncommon behaviour.

it's a not so big deal to convert 48<->44.1, at the cost of little cpu overuse + some (close to unhearable) dithering. Coreaudio driver WILL try to do it automagically. Audio softwares can and will let it be user-modifiable. Which is the right behaviour.
    But when they're user tweaked, it can be no-no (and there is some client you can't easily stop : ie. QuickTime preview in the Finder). And they can all request a different rate. USually some careful preferences editing + reboot will get them all lined-up right.

I don't know your individual case.