Glitch in Logic Pro 10.5.1

Discussion in 'Logic' started by Vincent Price, Dec 15, 2022.

1. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

Hello

Recently I have noticed that there is a 'glitch' in Logic Pro 10.5.0 & 10.5.1

This is where you are playing a song as normal and suddenly Logic take it back to the begging of the playhead with out warning. This is starting to be come very annoying and was wondering if anyone knew how to get around this.

I am certain I have used 10.5.0 before and never had this issue...Someone said it was only in 10.5.0 so I am wondering if I now have to update to Catalina so I can use 10.6.0 & up...

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

There is no "playback bug" in 10.5. That was a major update for Logic. You are doing something incorrectly or there is something else going on there. Maybe you have Catch Playhead enabled and are not used to how that works. You can do a lot of things incorrectly in Logic, maybe you are finding this out.

But you should update from Mojave for Security reasons. There is no reason for you to stay at that OS. You could update to Logic 10.7. but you may want to skip Catalina and go to Big Sur. 10.7 has Dolby Atmos Spatial. If your hardware allows you to update, you should. If you go to Ventura just make sure your Audio Interface is already supported.

There is very little in the 10.6 update as far as new things. I definitely would not update Mojave just for the Logic 10.6 update.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  4. Vincent Price

Vincent Price Kapellmeister

I can go Catalina, however can't go big sur unless I use the big sur patcher

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

Just go to Catalina then. The only reason I was avoiding Catalina personally is because I have a virus which I like TI connected over usb and they changed MacOS so it no longer functions that way.

Do you even use any old 32bit plugins anymore? You can find good substitutes for most anyway.

Unless you have a serious reason not to, you should definitely update your OS. Logic is a simple decision after that. Install 10.7 and maybe you can find a new bug instead. (you won't :) )

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022