Giving up hope abandoning the forum and sister site

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Jan 28, 2024.

1. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

I too, pondered someone's desire to announce to these forums of their impending departure...

But .... surely there are many here who might want to know when a member leaves, and many curious about the reasons, especially if it is a friend.

So, perhaps it is my own pondering which I ought to ponder more deeply...

But on the other hand, is there really a need to leave?
    If one is too busy there is still no need to "leave".

But then I return to the thought that others may wonder, and perhaps it is my own introversion that is the stranger thing, after all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. trz303

trz303 Producer

If you're just waiting for specific software to be released, then yes it may be a good thing to leave.

Some stuff will never be released, we all have to deal with it. But most of the time we'll find alternatives for unreleased stuff.

3. shinyzen

shinyzen Platinum Record

I agree with others here, if you are only here for some magical plugin, why are you here? im here for the education, discussion, news, etc the random plugins to try out are just a bonus.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. StormChaser

StormChaser Producer

I hope whatever struggles you are going through get better for you, life is so precious.

If leaving both sites is something you have to do to be in a better place, then congrats on recognizing it, that's a big step to getting to that better place in your life.

As for the sister site, I look at it like this, everything there is a gift whether it is wanted or useful to me or not. I don't have any expectations of any releases, but I totally appreciate all the uploads, hard work and posts on both sites made by everyone, be it software or comments on posts and to this forum. Sure, you might not get what you are waiting for, but that's the time to buy it.

Appreciate the wins my friend because there are many on the sister site.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  5. moonlightfiasco

moonlightfiasco Member

Take a step back my dude, have a little break and focus on just making music rather than the tools you use. Sure they're a part of it, but it's way too easy to fall into the "watched kettles never boil" mindset and feel like certain stuff won't ever appear. No doubt it will, but it takes time, and you're not alone in wanting those last few gaps of your own ideal collection filled.

I too check the sister site numerous times every day, but I come here because it's a great and interesting community full of creative people who contrary to what the perspective of the companies or developers may feel, care deeply about the plug-ins being developed and want to do their part to further that innovation whilst weeding out the cash grabs and nonsense.

I love this community and am eternally grateful for it existing. People always doubt certain plug-ins or brands won't ever be beaten, until they are, like with Acustica. I have every faith that these amazing teams will continue to bless us with offerings and even if all releases stopped today, there's still more than enough out already to make great music with.

Take care of yourself bro, have a break, and maybe when/if you return there will be more gifts waiting ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  6. Garamondo Furbish

Garamondo Furbish Audiosexual

the present always seems much better in retrospect.
    someday you'll remember these as "the good old days"
    we remember the rose, the thorns we forget...sade

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  7. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

All we value the comunity and work of the teams here, and of course the moderators, and uploaders.
    And the waste of time we can spend instead of creating music, that is part of the process.
    OK, I think the OP is serious about his words. He is complaining, about many things on this. Like sisters site + his sister forum can be addictive at some point. And the reason is to catch the last release, before is it erased. The FOMO.

Is there a way to find all the content of the sister site, in case there is an dmca complaint, and the release is erased? Like IDK, the cousin site, or whatever. Russian site, there is caos to find releases, and not all is there, just the more relevant.

(DM's accepted)

8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Perhaps not that much. But, I'd just take a break if this AZ/AS routine was stressing me, which has already been said by @Lois Lane , for instance. I've had a couple of breaks myself. But that's not what the OP says.

Then again, if you're having a hard time, like the OP also says... perhaps you're directing some of that frustration to the AZ/AS browsing routine.
    Just wild guessing here. And if stopping radically (deleting your account) can help you disconnect with the main problem by association... Who knows

PS. Why the fuck so many people quoted me? :rofl:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  9. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

@KUSHSMOKERLIT seriously :sad:, this is my third account here, the first one I deleted myself, the second one has been banned, and these still exist :bleh: hang on there :mates:

10. dondada

dondada Rock Star

Back in the day Everything was better
    Even the Future :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

For me, as someone who works with music, is good to be part of a group of people that can understand our "musical language" so you can learn, debate, make jokes and have fun with something that all people here love. And c'mon... We can use a crap ton of software from the Sister Site to learn how to make good music, know your taste regarding audio software and the workhorses you can eventually buy if you want so, despite the educational stuff provided there, which i think is goldmine and extremely underrated because people are expecting cracked UAD or Slate instead of reading a good book or a masterclass from someone that actually knows what he/she is doing. People want fancy tools to make good music and forget that good music has being made way before the existence of those tools. I think someone that is expecting some software to be a better musician is really bugging and this forum and the Sister Site is completly useless for such people.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  12. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

Bro "Clicked the Bucket".

13. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

Wake in a sweat again
    Another day's been laid to waste
    In my disgrace
    Stuck in my head again
    Feels like I'll never leave this place
    There's no escape
    I'm my own worst enemy
    I've given up
    I'm sick of feeling
    Is there nothing you can say?
    Take this all away
    I'm suffocating
    Tell me what the fuck is wrong with me
    I don't know what to take
    Thought I was focused, but I'm scared
    I'm not prepared
    I hyperventilate
    Looking for help somehow, somewhere
    And no one cares
    I'm my own worst enemy
    I've given up
    I'm sick of feeling
    Take this all away
    I'm suffocating
    God
    Put me out of my misery
    Put me out of my misery
    Put me out of my
    Put me out of my fucking misery
    I've given up
    I'm sick of feeling
    Take this all away
    I'm suffocating

14. Producer

Producer Platinum Record

3rd house on the left.The one with the lemon trees
    Maybe we could have one thread for all this. Like the introduction. Only instead of saying hello people, just saying goodbue :bleh:

On the other hand, who (of the ones wish to depart) cares if it's a post in a big thread , or a new one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Will Kweks

Will Kweks Platinum Record

It would be pretty funny then compare and contrast the hellos and the goodbyes. "Hello, I'm [XYZZY] and I'm interesting in producing some [MUSIC STYLE] and am here to pick up some interesting techniques!". "That's IT I'm LEAVING, I can't put put with this shit ANYMORE. No more DAW comparisions, no compressor shootouts, shit jokes and NO MORE GODDAMN SAMPLE PACKS from the sister site. See you suckers, see you in HELL!!!!1!"

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  16. Garamondo Furbish

I'm probably in the wrong forum, but I just want to say I joined over 30 days ago, and I still haven't got my hat or T-shirt and nobody will send me the location of where the annual dinner and dance is this year, and I need to make travel plans soon.

P.S. I loved the forum written book, "How to make a number 1 song in your bedroom in less than 10 minutes with our secret plugin pack" and of course the 'SECRET PLUGIN PAK" was everything they said it would be.

anyhow its a great forum and I can't wait to see everybody at the potluck supper next month.

I wouldn't leave for the world, unless I don't get my t-shirt and hat, and then I'll have to think about it some more....

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  17. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I wouldn't leave for the world but I might for a pizza and a blowjob...

18. Garamondo Furbish

and a t-shirt and a hat...

19. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

I wouldn't mind a t-shirt, I don't wear hats though

20. Garamondo Furbish

I gave last year's hat to Taylor Swift at the annual AudioSex Dinner and Dance in Davos, I think I saw her wear it
    in an online fan chat...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024