Giving up hope abandoning the forum and sister site

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Jan 28, 2024.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

As a parent of an eight year old, when I hear things like this it's usually because they are either hungry or just need a hug.

It's gonna be alright lil buddy. This will pass and you're gonna laugh about it in the future. Now let's get you a sandwich and some Paw Patrol....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  2. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

It's time to fund the Golden Stem Award for those who start a thread saying good bye to the forum.

3. Slavestate

Slavestate Platinum Record

If your 'music' is completely dependent on a plugin being cracked or not, I think it's seriously time to re-evaluate your time and why you attempt to create music in the first place. Something tells me, you should probably have a different hobby. If it hasn't been cracked, how do you know you NEED it? If your mindset has you that crippled that any particular plugin will make or break your ability to make music, then just go buy it already like you should have.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. robie

robie Kapellmeister

Interesting reading your post. Awhile back I think I would have rejected what you were saying about releases next door. I mean, we get an awful lot of stuff and let's face it, what shows up over there is a pretty nice gift. But it does seem like a tide has kind of turned and things are changing. For so long there's been a reliance predominantly on just 2 groups. Both have been around for quite awhile now. I don't know any of them personally, but given how long they've been at it they must be getting older, perhaps have other responsibilities, jobs, maybe even family's of their own. It seems the pace has gotten slower for them. The newer groups are trying, but in many instances they don't seem quite ready for prime time yet, and while I appreciate what they're trying to do, little of it winds up on my computer. It's gotten tougher than it used to be.

I want to say this year I was 'expecting' certain things to show up, but I know that's a bad word to use because it sounds like you're owed something when we're not. Maybe 'hoping' would be a better way of putting it, but none of it showed up even when I was pretty certain it would. I used to completely reject the idea that groups might be paid by developers to lay off of certain products. With one group in particular I'd be incredibly disappointed were that to be true. But even with that I find I'm no longer so sure of things, especially with things getting tougher globally on a financial level.

Seems nowadays 2, maybe 3 times a year something shows up next door that knocks your socks off and amazes you, but the rest of the time is scrolling through really lame sample packs that for me at least have no purpose at all. So yeah, maybe it's time to give it a rest and let it go. I kind of understand where you're coming from KUSHSMOKERLIT.

Whatever you do, I wish you good luck and safe travels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

OK, Don't leave. We will release Sound-toys soon!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. gotnofriends

gotnofriends Kapellmeister

Paw Patrol for an 8 year old? hope ur just messing

7. DMehldau

DMehldau Member

I was thinking of leaving too. Please R2R release more Acustica Audio Plugins (especially Jam) :mates:lol.

8. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

[​IMG]

9. gotnofriends

gotnofriends Kapellmeister

Im guessing, everything else was a lie too my bad. I'm not an expect at bs

10. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

All good homie, you'll get'em next time! :mates:

11. hankarlo

hankarlo Ultrasonic

Best of luck in whatever you choose to fill your time. I can see your point regarding it being "addictive", and a lot of time could be viewed as wasted, but that all depends on the person and his or her perspective.

Also, it depends on what that holy grail piece of software is that you desire? but unfortunately was unable to obtain from the community. For me, I'm truly grateful for all the goodies available to try out for free on the said sister site. Sometimes you don't realise how good things really are until there gone. I'd be really interested in hearing what you've been able to come up with so far. Please share your music, if you feel its ready to be listened to by others.

Change your perspective, my friend, then the destination will also change.

Good luck

Peace!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  12. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Rest In Producing!!!

13. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Oooooooooo kaaaaaayyy.... I'm just trying to sort this out... are you saying Paw Patrol is unsuitable for an 8 year old???

14. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

At least for this problem there is a simple solution. Just bookmark "Windows Software" or "Mac Software" and use it as your entry point. No samplepacks anymore :)
    btw, more filters would be nice on sister.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  15. krameri

krameri Platinum Record

I can't help but feel for Kushsmokerlit. Remembering some of his posts, it seems to me that he's a troubled man. I hope he finds himself in whatever he's doing.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

It's like the old saying goes -- this isn't an airport. You don't need to make an announcement when you're leaving. Nobody cares, just go.

17. Blacklight District

Blacklight District Kapellmeister

I've been waiting for some Boom Bap Labs to show up on the SS... guess its time to hang up my hopes.:winker:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Djord Emer

Djord Emer Audiosexual

Not trying to be rude but what's the point of announcing that you're leaving? I hope you understand that your frustration isn't anyone's fault but yours, your unreasonable expectations are to blame and complaining about sister site and announcing your departure aren't going to fix this. I also hope that your break from the forum does you good and help you manage these expectations, what you described is definitely not healthy.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. 0on3

0on3 Guest

Hey KUSH , If your not here for meeting incredible people or to learn something from some of the really smart folks
    on this site , ...... your in the wrong place anyway !! Software bullshit is only a small part of being into making music.
    in the end , I only hope you can find yourself in some proper way and sort things out. Get some help and see if things
    get better for ya !!

p3ACE .

20. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

Almost all of the audio software in existance is available on sister site, and for free. To buy it would cost you literally hundreds of thousands of pounds/dollars/other random currency. There are a tiny number of apps/plug-ins that aren't available, and despite there being plenty of alternatives that accomplish the same goals, some people still feel obligated to bitch and moan.

If I owned the site, I'd ban 'em all. If I were a witch, I can't think of anything more dispiriting and more likely to persuade me to stop releasing stuff than that pervasive weird sense of entitlement that says:

'You people who bring me all this fantastic software for free just aren't working fast enough or hard enough. I'm going to let the whole world know the many various ways that you've failed me in your refusal to crack the protection on X in a timescale that meets my needs. I don't pay your wages, nor will I go to prison on your behalf when the copyright protection police come knocking on your door, but that's neither here nor there. You OWE me. Now get on with it."

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List