Giving up hope abandoning the forum and sister site

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KUSHSMOKERLIT, Jan 28, 2024.

1. KUSHSMOKERLIT

KUSHSMOKERLIT Producer

so i've been thinking about this for a looooooong time and i made the decision to do it my life isn't great right now some people here know that but besides that i feel like sister site had its time and now its time to let go , countless important softwares never make it to sister site wont make this a request thread just saying i don't see the point of having hope , the point of waiting for certain releases that will never happen it's like an addiction checking sister site every couple hours lately i've been buying more and more heavily protected software to a point i feel i almost have a decent set of tools to work with my songs have improved a lot some here will say that's a placebo effect placebo my a** better tools make better music so that's basically it goodbye to everybody and to those that treated me well farewell my friends

• Funny x 7
    • Like x 5
    • Creative x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  3. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Take care.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. blackmoon

blackmoon Kapellmeister

Sorry you feel that way and things aren't great but let me tell you they could always be much, much worse!!! Moderation is very important in life in so many areas. Whatever you decide, stay healthy and try to always keep the music alive and flowing. Good luck and all the best to you.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Barry T

Barry T Producer

If you need a piece of software that badly, then buy it.

• Winner x 5
    • Agree x 4
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 1
    • Interesting x 1
    • Creative x 1
    • List
  6. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

I'm just interested what's such important release you have been waiting and if it's so important to you just buy or there always alternatives no need to upset yourself with software, life is too short. You don't even need commercial software to make music:)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. macros mk2

macros mk2 Platinum Record

what did you buy that isn't available on the sister site? the only thing on my radar is the tone projects eq really.

8. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

respect for stepping out of the loophole,
    if abandoning forum and sister site and addictive plugin/software hoarding will let you make music without distractions, then it's a win-win, long-term
    farewell friend and let me know when you'll have some great music to share
    :shalom:

9. Marcelo22

Marcelo22 Noisemaker

I think he's waiting for Metatune, MOTT, Fg-x2, MetaPitch, VMR, Softube bundle, updated Soundtoys and Solid State Logic VSTs.
    Before 2022 almost all of these plugins were released in some form one way or another... Meanwhile i understand his point agaisnt paying a monthly subscription (The slate one for example) There are many, if not better, counter parts to these vsts that we have already seen being released, so you wouldn't need to necessarely pay or wait for the remaining plugins missing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Lokster

Lokster Ultrasonic

I had the complete opposite experience on the forum and sister site everything I wanted got released on sister site so its hard to give it up haha! But if you have the means now to buy all the software you wanted then you should go for it if its an invested for you. I wish you the best man and good luck with all the future endeavours !

11. Lokster

Lokster Ultrasonic

Updated Softube and Soundtoys would me sick! Maybe that FG-X 2 as well! But I Agree there are many alternatives out there on sister site we saw being released And so far I don't need these updates but It would be nice to try out some of the newer plugins

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Havana

Havana Platinum Record

I had that problem too so I just paid for it. Best decision ever.:wink::yes:

13. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

Better tools do not make better music; they may contribute to a slightly higher quality production, perhaps.
    Producers became more than just sound engineers; they're practically co-composers now, stitching tech and music into a blurry robotic mashup. Modern music is heavily saturated and infused with superfluous layers of production, allowing producers to delve deeply into composition and meld technology and music into a kind of blaring acoustic cyborg.
    So, this cannot be about music; the essential element that music requires is inspiration.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. opp

opp Guest

[​IMG]
    ...jk

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. ReaperLover34345

ReaperLover34345 Member

[​IMG]

16. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

These "I'm leaving..." threads... never understood them. Good luck anyways

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Choosename

Choosename Platinum Record

There is a time to be in and a time to be out of Audio WareZ:shalom:

18. Fal@nd

Fal@nd Member

I think he waited for the commas and dots to appear on the sister site...

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Love it! x 1
    • List
  19. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

Goodbye :winker:

20. baneblast

baneblast Noisemaker

i understand your frustration mate - of hoping the next release would be the one of the few plugins you lack. but still since it's free and pro bono we have to understand that they crack the plugins as hobby only. and we benefit from their enthusiasm on unlocking the software. we can only be thankful.

i am not giving up hope that Acustica Audio Cardinal and Pensado EQ would be released soon - cheers mate:mates: look at the brighter side, I am now using plugins that I didn't buy BUT after trying I should have purchased cause they are sooo good(Erin, Ash, Jade, Water, Ruby, Mystic - tons of PA and IK). So this site and the sister site is more of discovering other great plugins and other cool stuffs.

stay positive :like:

21. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

And you are absolutely sure that important software that was not release yet can not be substituted with one released or even freeware?