Give it to me straight lads

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by tom2030, Sep 27, 2022.

1. tom2030

tom2030 Noisemaker

Lol am i better off just packing it in Ive been at this the past week or two flat out and i feel like i am goinh backwards. In the past year 18 months i have been barely producing but the past month ive been spending alot of my days back in FL again. I am trying to get that uplifting trance sound but i just cannot make something on par with the pros and im wondering if i ever will. Anyway here it is, please give me any opinion you have.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I think you may be washing out too much details with your reverb. It's a kind of heavy reverb and is "dark" sounding to me on first listen.

4. tom2030

tom2030 Noisemaker

Thanks alot for the comment lad. Yes there are areas where the reverb is overpowering the mix. When you say dark, do you mean the feeling of the track?

5. clone

clone Audiosexual

No, I just mean the "brightness" of the reverb only. Like how a Plate can often sound "bright", or a small Room; vs a more cavernous space like a Cathedral. I do not listen to a lot of trance, but I think when you are looking for "uplifting"; a big heavy reverb makes it sound "more serious" or something like that. It's actually a parameter you can adjust on the Fabfilter Pro-R interface, first one from the left; should you happen to use it instead of Valhalla. It also has to do what frequencies are allowed to generate the reflections.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2022