Gil Scott Heron (The Munk Machine Remix)

Discussion in 'DJ Mixsets' started by DjPeterMunch, Jul 1, 2011.

1. DjPeterMunch

DjPeterMunch Newbie

Here is my latest: Enjoy. And btw. Download for FREE in both WAV and MP3 if you want.

bit.ly/gil-scott-remix

Over and out Audio Sexers! :grooves:

3. stayfunkey

stayfunkey Newbie

Wow, great remix. Very groovy, like it very much.

Stevie Jee

4. Muze

Muze Newbie

I have tears in my eyes. This music moves me.
    You should send a copy of your music to the White house. I'm quite sure the current president can appriciate this mix. He made a national health insurance possible so anyone can afford healthcare. This is soooooo biiiigggg.

I was a UN soldier someday in history. It is these mixes wich are my bread and butter each day everyday...
    I do not live in the States. But One day I do hope we will have healthcare insurance around the globe. it is the one blessing I hope one day we will all receive.

Thank you

Nobody special

5. FishMixx

FishMixx Newbie

Very cool and funky mix like it a lot :grooves:
    I will post something of my own a bit later
    Keep up the good work
    FM

6. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I’m wondering why I don’t get this monk's habit too! moving, grooving :rofl:

7. DjPeterMunch

DjPeterMunch Newbie

Glad you guys like it.

Here is another one I did a few months ago. Enjoy the ride.

:break:

8. MrGold

MrGold Newbie

great funky ass shit! *yes*

9. Mental Exchange Department

Mental Exchange Department Newbie

10. seek77

seek77 Newbie

well done mr. munch !!
    normally i'm not a big fan of remixes based on rock/pop classic tracks like space oddity.
    but this rework is awesome ! and your "whitey on the moon" remix grooves like hell.
    so funky dude.i love it !

cheers

11. DjPeterMunch

DjPeterMunch Newbie

A big thank you from The Munk Machine!

NEXT UP... hmmmm... anybody with ideas? I am looking at some George Clinton Stuff. If anybody has some awesome ideas for bootlegs (AND have the stems) feel free to write me a note!

12. DjPeterMunch

DjPeterMunch Newbie

I had a question in my inbox about how I did the bassline and if I have any other promo's coming out:

Here is my reply:

1. Good Question. I will have to open up the project to check. But I think I used Korg Legacy mixed with Virus TI... where I did a bit stereo expansion on the bass in the top (with a filter cut cutting from 200 and down, just a guess). Keep the low freq in mono ... make the top stuff wider.

In the part (3:00) I added an extra Bassline (with hard compression to bring it up in the mix), but cut from 80hz and down to avoid overloading the spectrum (and thereby mudding the bottom).

Btw. I did a lot of sidechaining (but I didnt overdo it). So the kick dropped ALL the basslines. Both the one that runs through the whole track, and off course the one that comes in around 3:00.

2. Well - You can search for Peter Munch (on beatport) there are some things out. Older stuff... OOOOOOLD STUFF! :) When you download the Booty's I add you to my list and I will send you future mixes. (for free). MUSIC is FREE these days. The Revolution will be free !

btw. im pressing up 300 12" of Bowie and Gil Scott :break:

13. federico

federico Newbie

Hi, I'm a big fan of Heron. Your mix is really good, gonna check the Bowie quick. Thanks for the tip on the bass.Actually I knew it but had forgotten about it and what it can do. I'm doing prog-psy but the trick should work on that style as well. I noticed all the good artists do have extra wide bass these days without loosing impact. So thanks DJ Peter Munch. I think though that the Revolution should bring a bit of money to poor gifted musicians. Don't know if you are poor but certainly very gifted. Heron is the Everest of music and you have done a very good job.

14. federico

federico Newbie

The Bowie is really good too, this time more krafty than funky. You are taking a big risk fiddling with those (my) heroes but you do have style and intelligence and good taste and you don't interfere with the artist neither. Time you become a millionnaire and forget about this silly free music buseness.(=)

15. DjPeterMunch

DjPeterMunch Newbie

I didn't say that it would be free to hear me play :wink:

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

16. PYRUS MALUS

PYRUS MALUS Noisemaker

17. fritoz

fritoz Ultrasonic

great! I've been a fan of Gil for a long time now, a true poet of our times!