GForce Software release Minimonsta 2

Discussion in 'Software News' started by Bunford, Feb 28, 2023.

1. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

I upgraded immediately, but had to hit up support because the standalone refuses to launch, giving me this error alert [see image] so I tried a couple host VST wrappers like Tone2's and Digital Brains', but they refuse to open it as well. Besides that, Studio One and even Gig Performer (which reads *everything,) refuse to acknowledge both the VST2 & VST3's existence. Incidentally, the original was running fine previous this, and both Oddity2 and Oddity3 ran/run in standalone and are read in DAWs just fine.
    Any thoughts on a possible fix would be helpful, so I don't have to pester Graeme any more than I have to... :unsure:
    (The image is after an attempted standalone launch. The plugins simply don't read, so no alert windows in those cases, obviously.)

Update 1: Tried a unininstall with RevoUninstaller, then a search with UltraSearch to root out any further remnants, then restarted, ran an SFC scan that came up clean and the problem still exists. Additionally, Oddity2/3 both work fine as a standalone and as VST2/3.

Update 2: There was a small bug in the code that they just now fixed. I tested it out and everything's working smoothly.

If anyone was having this issue, it might be necessary to clear your DAW/Gig Performer/Host's blacklisted plugins after uninstalling Minimonsta2, or possibly clear your whole list, then restart your PC, then install v1.0.0.1, but a simple uninstall/reinstall may work.

Big thanks to Graeme & Co. for the ridiculously fast fix on this. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Gforce Minimonsta2 Error Screen 28.02.23.jpg

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  2. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

Hell yeah, I'm glad you posted this. I'm a sucker & a half for GForce software. Litterally all of it.

3. Atlantis84

Atlantis84 Platinum Record

me too Gforce and Uhe most of the time is all i use and they are my favorites companies

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. BlackWinny

BlackWinny Platinum Record

Probably a bug which will be very quickly fixed within the next days.

I can't download mine for two or three days, I'll do it next weekend.

I suggest you to alert GForce of this bug. They always reply quickly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. techdevil

techdevil Rock Star

Upgraded mine yesterday morning when I got the email, have been playing with it since then and not had a single problem. Gforce on fire recently, nice to see these fine plugins get updates. Can't wait for ImpOSCAR to get same treatment.

6. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Audiosexual

Agreed. They're always on top of things. He already responded back. :wink:

I updated my post, and will continue to, in case anyone else is having this issue.

7. BlackWinny

BlackWinny Platinum Record

:wink: